PDA

View Full Version : Our lucky day.....

billysmommy
11-17-2003, 12:34 PM
Someone posted awhile ago that they thought you get a "freebie" as a mom.....after today I think you may get more than one.
This morning I was getting ready to take Billy grocery shopping and I heard a "thump". I went in the living room and he had pulled our digital camera off the coffee table by the strap (which DH and I had left there last night...bad parents) and it JUST MISSED his head.
Then when we were leaving the grocery store I was pushing the cart through the parking lot and we hit a hole in the pavement and the whole cart did a wheelie. Thank god he was strapped in one of those seats attached to the cart otherwise I really think he would have benn flung off the cart. As it was I almost had a heart attack thinking about what could have happened and he just looked at me and laughed and you tell he was thinking "wow mom that was fun, let's do it again".

Let's see what the rest of the day brings....hopefully no more adventures

deborah_r
11-17-2003, 02:50 PM
Yes I had left DS in a "safe" position on the bed while I went to the other room last week and I heard a thud. I bolted back to the room and he was fine, the thud was either another apartment or it was something a cat or dog did. Scared the heck out of me though!

Glad Billy's OK! And don't beat yourself up, it happens to all of us at some time or another. MIL lost hold of my DH's hand at an amusement park one time and he fell and DH swears he was almost run over by some sort of train. He likes to torture her with that story!