PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Kansas City people

Andrea S
11-17-2003, 01:21 PM
I am thinking of using one of the suggestions I got in my engagement gift post and getting my BIL and future SIL a gift certificate for engagement photos. They live in Kansas City near the plaza. Does anyone have any recommedations for photographers. She just moved there a few months ago and they are not getting married there so i do not think she has anyone in mind yet.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

KUvsOU
11-17-2003, 02:35 PM
Below are a few recommendations:

J. Kent Bixler took our engagement and wedding pictures. However, their studio is located in North Kansas City, but it shouldn't take too long to get there. Their phone number is 816-420-0222.

Classy Kids is located in South Kansas City and it wouldn't take too long to get here from the Plaza. They just took our family picture and have taken my son's picture in the past. The name can be misleading, but she also is a wedding photographer. The photographer has the studio our of her home and her prices are very reasonable. She also has a beautiful pond and landscaped area in her backyard where she takes pictures. Their phone number is 913-385-5006.

Stephen Locke Fine Photography took my SIL's engagement and wedding pictures. He is a really good photographer and it wouldn't take too long to get to his studio from the Plaza. His studio is probably the closest to the Plaza. His phone number is 913-722-2750.

Hope that helps! :)

Shawna
Mom of Cade 6/16/02

amp
11-17-2003, 03:01 PM
Boy Shawna, I'm glad you were able to help. I haven't used anyone for photos other than the local Target, so that's obviously not terribly helpful, as they are far from being professional photographers! Hope your reply helps! Is it possible that any of those have websites that she might be able to view sample photos on to help decide? I know when I once did a search on local photo studios, I saw there were some with websites that looked fairly nice, although I knew nothing about the photographers themselves. Just a thought...

khakismom
11-17-2003, 03:56 PM
BlackDog Imageworks is awesome. They don't do the "traditional" engagement pix. Black and white, and lots of neat candids and sweet photos. My brother's ILs took the whole fam there for some cool pix and my bro and SIL ended up picking one out for engagement pix and used in their "Save the Date" cards. Check out the engagement pix!!

http://www.kdog.com/blackdog/engage001.html

http://www.kdog.com/blackdog/one.html