PDA

View Full Version : One special thing that I am doing for Sara for Christmas

peanut4us
11-17-2003, 02:42 PM
I have bought her several new toys already for Christmas, and I am thinking that I shouldn't get her anymore because grandma is going to go way overboard! But I thought about how sparse our presents under the tree are going to look this year.

Sara will be 2 days shy of 9 monhts on Christmas, and everyone that I have talked to who had a child around that age in CHristmas past has said they love to open the paper (ok, rip it off and eat it), and that they love to play with the boxes.

So I have decided that in addition to her regular toy gifts, I am going to wrap several empty boxes so she can rip and shred to her heart's content. (I will be monitoring her mouth for paper). Just a thought... I think it will be fun to have a tree that looks well appointed with gifts, and all it will cost is the wrapping paper. Thought I'd share.

mamahill
11-17-2003, 05:19 PM
Last year someone gave Ainsleigh a gift in a gift bag and instead of tissue paper, it was this plasticky hologram-y like paper. It wouldn't get soggy or dissolve, but it was shiny and crinkly and all-together fantastic. She played with it for days afterward. I have no idea where my aunt picked up the wrap, but it was most excellent. Ainsleigh was also just shy of 9 months and loved all the paper. Good idea!

barbarhow
11-17-2003, 08:17 PM
Joey-DH and I have similar plans for Jack. I know his aunts and uncles, the ILs, my mom and several others will be over the top. We figure why not save the money for now, rejoice in the spirit of the day and put the money towards our new house. I love the paper idea and the hologram paper sounds awesome.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03