PDA

View Full Version : I got the job!

jd11365
11-17-2003, 05:59 PM
It already sounded that way on the phone and the "interview" was very casual... I even accidentially offended him I'm sure...I thought the pictures on his wall were his grandkids...they were his kids...oops! :o He remembered me from when I had him for a government class...yikes...that was 11 years ago! I'm just so thrilled to think that I have the opportunity to stay with the baby for another year if all stays the same and everything works out...I almost hate to post stuff like this for fear of jinxing myself. He said the schedule is flexible...I could work 4 short days, 2 longer days...whatever. Because of DH's schedule the plan would be to teach 3 classes 2x per week...4.5 hrs. each day. This still gives me the opportunity to still be a SAHM most of the time, DH will watch the baby the other 2 mornings, and I will have some intelligent conversation outside of weekly playgroup and these boards! This of course is all based on things in life staying pretty much the way they are...and you know how that sometimes goes... Thanks for all the support this week with my planning for the interview.

Edited to add... The job doesn't start until August...so I still have some time to enjoy being home full-time!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

Marisa6826
11-17-2003, 06:58 PM
Congratulations Jamie!!!

I'm going back to my old job very short term and am already freaking about it. Here's to good work vibes! :)
-m

bluej
11-17-2003, 06:58 PM
Yea! Congrats! Sorry, but I'm LOL about commenting on his 'grandkids'!

starrynight
11-17-2003, 07:17 PM
Yayyy!! Good luck Jamie :)

McQ
11-17-2003, 08:56 PM
That's so awesome Jamie. Congrats!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

pritchettzoo
11-17-2003, 11:12 PM
How wonderful!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

heidi_timms
11-18-2003, 01:12 AM
That's a steal of a job! Congrats:)
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

amp
11-18-2003, 01:20 PM
Congrats! Glad you get to enjoy being a SAHM for a little longer with your precious babe!

mharling
11-19-2003, 11:55 AM
I'm a little late to the game, but wanted to add my congratulations! Good for you!! :)

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osnt.jsp?i=67b0de21b356c32425b2 - Halloween Pics!

doubleL
11-19-2003, 04:13 PM
Jamie,

Congrats!!! That sounds like a great set-up. It's wonderful when a mom finds a job that works so great for their family.

Lou
~DS 5.01
~DD 6.03

jd11365
11-19-2003, 09:20 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm still nervous about even saying anything for fear that it will all fall apart...but I'm so excited. I was on such a different track in life...very career driven. I had just finished my graduate degree in leadership and was about to get into the asst. principal pool and *poof* I was pregnant! I even thought it would be perfect to have a May baby so I could get back to work in August. Ha! Taking this first year to be with my daughter is the best thing I could have ever done...and now that it seems I could be home (most of the time) until she's two and a half...well, is the best thing I could have ever hoped for. I was once in love with my career...I loved being a teacher. Now I found something I love even more...my beautiful baby. It's so nice that even though I will be working twice a week, it's doing something I still love to do...teach...which is such a part of my life...just not the most important anymore!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

deborah_r
11-19-2003, 09:37 PM
Jamie,

Congrats to you on the job! And I know what you mean, nothing holds quite the same importance as it did before our babies arrived, does it? Except for DH's or SO's and close family... :)

MamaKath
11-19-2003, 11:07 PM
Congratulations!! How exciting for you, and you have lots of time to prepare for it which is wonderful! Best of luck~

jmofarrill
11-20-2003, 10:15 AM
This is WONDERFUL, Jamie! Wow - the days/hours are great, and I know you're loving that you don't have to start until August. Enjoy!