PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for good classical-music CDs for baby?

kristine_elen
11-18-2003, 12:15 PM
My son LOVES the music on his Tiny Love Developlay activity center. He presses the button constantly and sits there and "conducts" with his right hand. I'd love to get him more CDs. We have a pretty large collection of classical music, but a lot of it is too mellow or sad-sounding. Can anyone recommend a CD that has upbeat, fun classical music that Jack might like? (I know the Developlay plays Mozart, but I don't know which selection.)
Thanks!

miki
11-18-2003, 01:02 PM
How about Vivaldi's Four Seasons, Bach's Brandenburg Concertos (6 of them), or Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture. Those are all ones you can usually get in the classical bargain bin.

Jen in Chicago
11-18-2003, 01:26 PM
We received a Baby CD from the MET that we enjoy. It is all classical music. We also received "A Gift of an Angel" CD that is nice. It is a bit more lullaby-ish. They both are beautiful.

lizamann
11-18-2003, 02:33 PM
Brahm's Hungarian Dances are great, and Dvorak's Slavonic Dances. Some are upbeat and really dancy, and others are a little slower. I listened to these as a kid and they are permanently burned into my brain (in a good way.)

Grand Canyon Suite, by Grofe? This is really evocative of thunderstorms, donkeys on the trail, etc. Great for the imagination. Another one I loved as a kid. Maybe for when he's a little older?

mharling
11-18-2003, 06:51 PM
We got the Enfamil diaper bag from the hospital and it had a really good classical music CD in it. Some are pretty upbeat and some are more relaxing. Maybe someone here has one they could send you???

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osnt.jsp?i=67b0de21b356c32425b2 - Halloween Pics!