PDA

View Full Version : What - No Cheerios?!?

McQ
11-18-2003, 08:42 PM
Declan puts everything he can get his hands on into his mouth. His toys, books, fingers, the remote, straps, you name it. Everything that is except Cheerios. He gets really excited to see the Cheerios, he picks them up, flicks them, drops them, looks at them but has no interest in putting them in his mouth. What gives!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

nathansmom
11-18-2003, 09:50 PM
Nathan was the same for about 2 weeks. Now we go through a box a week. I'm thinking maybe its something they grow into.

parkersmama
11-18-2003, 09:57 PM
That cracks me up! Maybe it's because they are so small compared to his other favorites?! I bet he'll be eating them in no time! Have you tried breaking one up a little and putting it in his mouth? Might help him to figure it out.

C99
11-18-2003, 11:32 PM
Nate gets excited by them, but he can't actually get them into his mouth either.

starrynight
11-18-2003, 11:45 PM
Daria did this also, I don't think she knew she was supposed to eat them ;). I ate a few in front of her then she figured it out.

missym
11-19-2003, 11:30 AM
I know what you mean... Gwen will put anything - literally - in her mouth except food! Cheerios, baby biscuits, fruit wheels, you name it, it gets shaken, looked at, tasted, and thrown on the floor. She acts interested in what we're eating but won't even put bits of our food in her mouth. She's got two brand new teeth to try out, but is just being stubborn. It's so frustrating!

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03

McQ
11-19-2003, 03:19 PM
I've actually put a Cheerio in his mouth and he sticks his tongue out, picks it off and then plays with it.

Declan loves his teething biscuts. They are just so messy. And he loves drinking water out of my glass. I don't know if it's the soothing feeling (he has gotten his first 2 teeth this last week) or if he just wants the water (he does drink it). I have now bought some sippy cups.

What other finger foods should I try? These little ones are just so neat.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

sntm
11-19-2003, 03:43 PM
jack is obsessed with drinking water from my glass! it's gotten to where i can't hold a glass and hold him at the same time. he still doesn't quite "get it" but probably swallows about half, spilling the rest down his front. and of course, dribbling into it, which makes it ultra-yummy for mama!

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

cinrein
11-19-2003, 03:48 PM
Anna did the same thing for a while. I just kept putting 2 Cheerios on her highchair tray and she figured it out.

For some reason new objects on the highchair tray (which are food) don't automatically go in the mouth. Yet if she's on the floor any old fuzzy, hairball, tiny piece of paper or other trash goes straight to the mouth with no inspection. DH jokes that we should just throw her new food on the floor! :)

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

jmofarrill
11-20-2003, 09:59 AM
Anwyn does the same thing. I have to wrap one arm around her pinning her arms to her side while I drink from my glass with my free arm. Otherwise, I end up taking a "bath"! She LOVES to drink from mommy's glass, especially if it's ice water; it's like she knows exactly what to do! She impresses me daily.