PDA

View Full Version : OT - Pampered Chef recipe for Spinach Crescent Roll ring??

mattiew
11-19-2003, 10:49 AM
Does anyone have a recipe for a Pampered Chef appetizer that uses crescent rolls, spinach, and something else? It is made on a pizza dish (I think) and you fold the crescent dough to make a wreath shape. It was sooo yummy but I can't remember how to do it and it isn't one of the recipes on the Pamepered Chef website.

Thanks!
Carrie

mamahill
11-19-2003, 11:15 AM
Cheesy Spinach Pinwheels
------------------------

Ingredients:
1 can (8 ounces) Pillsbury(R) Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
1/3 cup gourmet spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs
4 slices (1 ounce each) thinly sliced deli ham
1/2 cup packed spinach leaves

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Separate dough into four rectangles on smooth side of Large Grooved Cutting Board. Press seams to seal.

2. Using Small Spreader, spread each rectangle with about 11/2 tablespoons cheese to within 1/4 inch of edges. Top with 1 slice ham and spinach leaves.

3. Starting at short side, roll up each rectangle; pinch edges to seal. Cut each roll crosswise into six slices using Serrated Bread Knife for a total of 24 slices. Place slices, cut side down, on Large Round Stone. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Serve warm using Mini-Serving Spatula.

Yield: 24 pinwheels

Nutrients per serving: (1 pinwheel): Calories 60, Total Fat 3.5 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 4 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 160 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook's Tip: If desired, 1/3 cup regular cream cheese spread, 1 garlic clove pressed with the Garlic Press and 1/2 teaspoon Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix can be substituted for the flavored gourmet spreadable cheese.

Variation: Holiday Pinwheel Wreath: Double ingredients for pinwheels. Slice each roll into four slices for a total of 32 slices. Arrange 11 slices in a slightly overlapping circular pattern, leaving a 5-inch-diameter opening in center of baking stone. Arrange remaining slices outside of the first ring, slightly overlapping each other but not touching the first ring. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.

nathansmom
11-19-2003, 11:20 AM
Is this the recipe?
1 can (14oz) artichoke hearts
1 package (10oz) frozen chopped spinach
1 cup (4 oz) mozzarella cheese
1 package (4oz) feta cheese
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1/3 cup mayo
1 garlic clove pressed
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 egg white beaten
2 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese
2 (8oz)packages crescent rolls

heat oven to 375
mix everything together except egg white and parmesan cheese
place mixture on wreath and top with egg white and parmesan cheese
bake 25-30 minutes

heidi_timms
11-19-2003, 11:23 AM
It's 8:00am here in California and you are making me hungry. I love Pampered Chef recipes. I just made a pumpkin cake with cream cheese filling from Pampered Chef and it is so yummy!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

mattiew
11-19-2003, 12:13 PM
Thank you, thank you!!! I just KNEW someone on the boards would know it - I love you guys!!! I'm planning on making this for DD's 1st birthday party.

Carrie

pritchettzoo
11-19-2003, 02:10 PM
Okay, you can't just say that and then not post the recipe!

(Please post the recipe!)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)