PDA

View Full Version : Favorite sore throat remedies?

hez
11-19-2003, 10:50 AM
I picked up some virus last weekend that's giving me a sore throat and a little cough. It woke me up last night :(

I would just suck on a cough drop, but I had gum surgery :( :( on Monday, so that's not allowed (it would mess up the healing in that area).

Since we're BF'ing, I want to avoid anything DS can't have. Anyone have a favorite sore throat remedy? I looked some up on the web last night, but I'd rather hear if something actually worked for someone!

TIA!

mamahill
11-19-2003, 11:16 AM
Cloraseptic spray, or gargling with salt water. Neither seems to last too long, but when it gets really bad that's what I use. Have you tried Tylenol? Sorry you're feeling lousy. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

August Mom
11-19-2003, 01:25 PM
I usually go for the Ricola throat lozenge, but since that's out, back in my singing days I used to drink hot tea with lemon to soothe and clear my throat. Some people like tea with honey too.

Tondi G
11-19-2003, 01:41 PM
Homemade chicken noodle soup! Hot tea (caffine free)with Lemon and Honey, Gargle with salt water, Ricola Cough drops. Drink tons of water!

I would definetly take some tylenol when you lay down at night for sure.... it will just help with the swelling and irritation (and pain) and help you get some rest!

Hope you get well soon!!!!
~Tondi
Mommy to Mason(2) and #2 edd 6/6/04

CherylT
11-20-2003, 09:14 AM
I just take a spoonful of honey. Seems to last just as long as the sore throat sprays and doesn't taste as bad. Hot tea throughout the day (actually any fluid except acidic) is helpful as well. HTH

hez
11-21-2003, 05:54 AM
Thanks all-- the sore throat is much better :) Now I just need to get rid of the cough. Oh, and the swollen cheek from the surgery! I didn't think it would stay swollen this long, and Payton's dedication is Sunday. Sigh. He head-butted me today on the sore spot, so I think I'll just save up that story to tell him why Mommy's cheek was swollen in his dedication pictures! Starting the guilt early!