PDA

View Full Version : Have to share a huge giggle fit

flagger
11-19-2003, 03:02 PM
Ms. Flagger and I about five or six years ago, maybe even longe,r met a couple from Australia who were on a six week holiday touring America. We have sort of kept up on and off and after Cocoa was born, they were included in our announcement email.

I heard back from them about two months later after their first son was born. I was going through old emails and I checked out his website today. They have videos of their child on their site.

Well what gave me the giggles was on one of their videos, they show the baby on the floor and at one point the mom starts humming/singing the notes from Tequila by the Champs. Now why this is so funny to me is that I do the same thing to Cocoa ALL THE TIME. I even move her arms back and forth like Pee Wee Herman did in Pee-wee's Big Adventure. It is funny that halfway around the world, across the international dateline and below the equator some parent is doing the same thing to their child that I am doing to Cocoa.

Dcclerk
11-19-2003, 03:34 PM
Very cute. :) I'll have to try that one since the sillier the better for DS. The biggest belly chuckles definitely come from moving his arms in time with the "music" we sing!

sntm
11-19-2003, 03:37 PM
there's something about silly old pop songs! ours is to the tune of "wooly booly" (sp?) except we sing "tabouleh -bouleh". originated from a whole foods shopping trip when i was a little slap happy. jack loves it.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-19-2003, 06:34 PM
Flagger that's cute!!!
That reminds me of my birth class...there was a single mom and then two couples. Steve and the other "father" seemed to be a lot alike. Well Steve at night used to "talk" to Tristan in my belly and say in a Darth Vader voice "Tristan I'm your father" (from when DV tells Luke he is his father)...

I was so embarassed, and thought what a horrid voice to use to the poor baby in the belly...I knew he'd "ruin" my child with this awful voice. So we were watching a video in birth class and they showed a loving father coo'ing and speaking sweet and I said aloud what Steve does...FUNNY this other father did the same thing...and the other mommy felt the same way!!!! :)

Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties