PDA

View Full Version : anyone from the Pittsburgh area?

JenaW
11-19-2003, 04:46 PM
OK. The post on playgroups inspired me. I KNOW I need to get out more....I just don't have the guts to accost someone in the supermarket...although believe me, I have often wished I did.

Anyone??

Jera
Mom to Carter ~ 05.13.03

jd11365
11-19-2003, 09:33 PM
My inlaws live in Oil City...not my favorite place to visit...

Accosing a shopper...lol...

Anyway, I just posted on that thread before I read yours but will suggest what I did. I went to my library when they had a baby group for kids 0-18 months. Afterward I asked if anyone wanted to go out to lunch afterward and 2 others came. We've been meeting ever since and have since "recruited" 3 others. So there are 6 now. We meet once a week, each bring some kind of food for a potluck and enjoy the day. I live for Tuesday playgroup!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

deborah_r
11-19-2003, 09:43 PM
Was in Pittsburgh from '99-'01, but not anymore.

Do they have Mommy & ME or the like at your hospital? That's how I got into a playgroup!

This is totally off-topic, but there's a great radio station in Pittsbugh (WYEP - 91.3?) and they have this cool show every Saturday morning, that always made me wish I had kids! It was kind of educational and fun - I just looked it up and it's called the Saturday Light Brigade. However I just noticed on the website that it is moving to WRCT - 88.3FM. Anyway, you might want to check it out as your child gets older.

I still listen to WYEP online sometimes and have fond memories of Pittsburgh!

August Mom
11-20-2003, 02:06 AM
As I recall, when Julie thought she was moving to Pittsburgh, a number of people identified themselves as living there. Here is the thread I am remembering. http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=37&topic_id=23313&mesg_id=23313&listing_type=search DH's parents and brother live in Pittsburgh so we visit somewhat often, but don't live there.

My playgroup originated out of my Lamaze class. Several members of the class took an infant massage class and we just kept meeting. Then, we took a water babies class at the pool and picked up 2 additional members.