PDA

View Full Version : Ack! DS rolled off the changing table today!

DDowning
11-19-2003, 11:33 PM
Fortunately, I was actually right in front of him when it happen. I placed him down on the pad as usual, putting his clothes on. I reached down in the second drawer below to get a pair of socks. I took my eyes of him a split second while I was looking for the socks and PLOP! he landed in my hands! OMG! I freaked out! I had to call DH right then and there who had to calm me down. The last time he rolled over was at his 4 month appointment several weeks ago and he had shown no interest since, he was just happy laying there. I guess I got complicant about it. UGH! I can't imagine what would have happened had I been reaching for a hanger or something at the time. EEEEEEEGGGGGG.... Okay buster, you are getting strapped in - or placed in the crib from now on!

heidi_timms
11-19-2003, 11:57 PM
My DD tries to do this all of the time. If I take my eyes off of her, I put one hand on her at all times. Scary, isn't it!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

SeekerMage
11-20-2003, 01:35 AM
EEEEK!
Atleast you caught him and he is ok.....little stinker!

I just had to tell you my story...when I was about 6 months old my mom was drying me off after a bath sitting on the counter, and she reached to get something and I started to roll, she caught me and her face into the counter....broke her nose and barely passed out, but caught me. Luckily I was screaming loud enough that it kept her from passing out! I wasnt hurt but her nose was badly broken :(

The joys of parenting Im telling you! They certianly know how to keep you on your toes.

DDowning
11-20-2003, 01:45 AM
OUCH! Your poor mother!

McQ
11-20-2003, 08:47 AM
Keep a hand on his belly. So glad you caught him.

And just wait until he rolls when you are trying to change him. It's as cute as it can be but man is it tough to get a daiper on some days.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

drsweetie
11-20-2003, 09:42 AM
Laura has recently become very squirmy during diaper changing -- one thing we found that helps is to put a toy in her hands while we're changing her, which seems to cut down on her desire to wiggle and roll around. Good luck!

Ellen
Mom to Laura 6/9/03

amp
11-20-2003, 11:01 AM
Just make sure you don't leave him unattended on your bed, thinking he can't possibly get to the edge yet. Don't ask how I know this. I'll deny ever saying it. x(

houseof3boys
11-20-2003, 11:18 AM
That is one of my big fears! DH was changing Ryan last night and he turned around to get his jammies and I told him (okay I nicely yelled) not to leave him up there since you never know when he will rol over.

I'm glad he is okay! I usually just change Ryan on the table but to dress him, I have a blanket on the rug and just sit down and change him there. I don't know how reliable the straps are on those tables anyway!

Glad everything is okay. Gotta love how he rolled over right then and there though after showing no interest in it. That's a surefire way to get mommy's attention. :)