PDA

View Full Version : Well Im still pregnant! :(

SeekerMage
11-20-2003, 12:37 AM
You got it....the induction didnt work!!!!! "sigh" I think that Lil'bit decided to go up instead of down if that is possible!

I was on the max of pitocin from 7am until 630pm....contracted every two minutes, and never really felt a thing other then tightening. Sooo they sent me home and still no baby! I remained dialated to about 3/4 but she wouldnt head downward :( So I see the other dr in the pratice tomorrow (my doc is now on vacation) and we will see what happens from there. Atleast I like this dr as well so thats not an issue. Im just hoping something will happen soon and that it doesnt involve a c-section, but we will see.

And Im also glad that atleast I know I made the right decision to have my parents and of course hubby there. Hubby was great, very supportive, rubbed my feet and back etc. And my mom and dad were wonderful, my mom helped ask all the right questions that I didnt think to ask, and knew what to do, like changing position when my blood pressure went up which immediately made it go back down. I also have to say that I did and didnt like the nurses, I had two that were pretty great and two that were horrible. Though I now dread going back in and having to have another iv and possibly have my blood drawn again. My arm and hand are killing me! I have had ivs before and a million blood draws with this pregnancy without any problem....yet my hand is sore from the iv and I have a huge lump from where they drew my blood! You would think they knew what they were doing they are a hosptial after all! ARG!

Oh well....one of these days Ill have this kid and I will get to post happy news instead of frustrating news! Please send labor vibes! Im settled finally in the fact that its ok to give her up and end this pregnancy even though I could gladly keep her in there forever. Ill keep you all posted...thanks for all the support!

starrynight
11-20-2003, 12:43 AM
Aww hon, sorry it didn't work Kathryn. I hope lil bit makes her appearance soon! Good luck *labor vibes *

deborah_r
11-20-2003, 12:55 AM
How frustrating for you (and us--we want news! we want pictures!, LOL! just kidding, I'm sure our frustration doesn't register in the same league with yours!)

{{{{{LABOR VIBES}}}}}}} {{{{{LABOR VIBES}}}}}}}

Melanie
11-20-2003, 01:27 AM
Wow...I didn't know that ever happens. I saw you post on another thread so I came looking for an announcement. ;-) She'll come when she's ready - it's the baby that initiates labor. So I'm sending you fully-cooked baby vibes soon!!!

Did you end up switching hospitals? Sorry about the vampires (as my SF calls bad-blood-drawers).

egoldber
11-20-2003, 07:51 AM
Ah!!! I feel for you. This is actually what happened to me. I was on the max dose fo Pitcin for AGES and never dilated. That's how I ended up with a C-section. BUT my water had already broken. There's no reason that this induction experience should mean that you will need a C-section. Just wait until things move along on their own.

Good luck!!!!

Rachels
11-20-2003, 08:04 AM
I agree! You haven't even hit your due date yet, and it's a normal phenomenon to go two weeks past that. It sounds like she's just not ready yet. Hang in there, hon! I know you must be very frustrated. If she's not in distress and you don't have preeclampsia, there's no reason to do a c-section now. I hope your doctors won't rush you along before your baby and your body are ready. It won't be long!!! Sending you lots of good labor vibes...

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

jd11365
11-20-2003, 08:24 AM
Nuh uh! Lil Bit is already showing that she has a little mind of her own... ;-) After all of that Pitocin and contractions at 2 minutes, she has to be on her way soon... She must just be enjoying her cozy living space right now! Sending SUPER labor vibes your way and lots of luck! We can't wait to hear the news!!!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

McQ
11-20-2003, 08:42 AM
I couldn't believe when I saw your post in another thread that you were back to the boards already. So sorry that Lil Bit isn't here yet but she'll come when she's good and ready. And you rest up mama!

And Jamie ~ love Kayla's new avatar.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

mharling
11-20-2003, 10:02 AM
I saw that you had responded to a thread before I saw this one. I was SO confused for a moment. Then I saw this thread and almost couldn't believe it!

It sounds like you had quite the experience and it certainly wasn't the day you imagined. Look at it this way, she can't stay in there forever!!! Soon, Angela! We'll be thinking about you. :)

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osnt.jsp?i=67b0de21b356c32425b2 - Halloween Pics!

jmofarrill
11-20-2003, 10:49 AM
I'm so sorry the induction didn't work!

I was induced a week after my due date, and the first day didn't work either. Instead of sending me home, though, we decided to start everything back up the next morning. At 6:00 AM, a nurse turned the drip back on (I was still asleep), and I woke up at 7:00 AM in hard, fast labor. I had Anwyn by 10:00 AM! I hope your second time is successful!

amp
11-20-2003, 10:55 AM
Oh Kathryn, I saw that you had replied to another post and I coulnd't figure out why your signature still said "Lil bit, soon to be born...." So I rushed to the annoucements forum. Now I find your post here. Darn, I'm sure you are disappointed! I was so hoping the hear the details for her arrival and to see a picture! Sending a plethora of labor vibes your way. Go toward the light, Lil Bit!

stella
11-20-2003, 12:00 PM
Oh, I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for you!!!
I hope that she will decide to make her big entrance on her own - and SOON!! But if you do have to have a c-section (and I see no reason why it would be inevitable), just know that it's not the end of the world. I know you would prefer to let nature take her course, but I've had 2 c-sections and recovered easily from both. It is NOT the worst thing that can happen, so don't worry if that is the result.

What a frustrating experience! Hang in there - she'll be here soon!

jojo2324
11-20-2003, 02:04 PM
Kathryn, what a bummer!! I saw you posted someplace else and thought, "Wow, this woman is DETERMINED!! That was a fast recovery!" (LOL, aren't we all when it comes to this place?) :)

I'm so sorry your Lil' Bit isn't with you yet, but she'll make her way when she's ready to. Sending groovy labor vibes your way...

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-20-2003, 04:22 PM
We're thinking about you...
You'll do wonderful!!!!
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

SeekerMage
11-21-2003, 02:36 AM
I tried to respond but it didnt post so forgive me if this is a double post!

I went in and had a nst today and get to have another one tomorrow and at this point they are just making me wait for nature. Sigh, nature sucks...just kidding. Im a little stressed right now can you tell? THe dr didnt even do an exam so Im wondering if he is just waiting for my dr to get back from vacation grrrr.

Needless to say Im a little worried. The whole point to the induction was because of her supposed size and one of the nurses made the comment that she hasnt dropped yet and may not have because she wont fit. Though supposedly the dr doesnt think so yet he only examined me when I started the pitocin and not after! Im hoping for an exam tomorrow by this other dr, maybe then he can tell me more and might have a different opinion. That and I have fred flintstone feet again and my blood pressure was a little high but went down after laying on my side for a while and she isnt moving as much as she was so I worry about all that pitocin in my system etc etc. And there is the babysitter issue and everything else. Yes...Im a worry wort.

Well this is turning into a complain post rather then an update...thanks all for your kind words and support, I really appreciate it! :) Ill keep you posted!

KMommie
11-21-2003, 03:08 AM
Hang in there!! It won't be much longer, and Lil Bit will make her grand debut! This may be an indicator of her personality!! :P

You have every right to complain! The last few weeks are the WORST! Try to relax a bit, and keep that b.p. down. :) Still sending happy (quick) labor vibes your way!!!

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

amp
11-21-2003, 12:21 PM
Everytime this post gets bumped up, I think...This is it. Waiting on pins and needles and sending labor vibes your way!

KathyO
11-21-2003, 02:41 PM
Oooh, do I ever feel your pain!! I have now been to the hospital TWICE with false labour... and this is my second, so I KNOW what real, down-to-business contractions feel like! (Last night they got down to every 5 minutes, and went that way from midnight to 5am, when they... stopped dead. Argh.) So I know what you mean about the foolish/frustrating feeling of coming home emptyhanded, and the sneaking suspicion that you will be pregnant for the Rest Of Your Life, or at the very least, your child will be old enough to drink, vote and shave by the time you do!!!

Think of the failed induction as an exercise-and-toning session for your uterus, which will make it even MORE efficient at pushing the baby out when the time is right!

Hang in there,

KathyO

Jenmv
11-22-2003, 12:51 PM
Oh, I feel your frustration. I had a "failed" induction one week before my due date. My DR was concerned over my high blood pressure and I was doing the NST once a week. I went into the hosptial and after TWO DAYS of Cervidal and Pitocin absolutely NOTHING! I wasn't even effaced. Looking back on it I should have packed up and left after the first day. These are two days of my pre-baby life that I will never get back and then you have to deal with all of the people saying things to you like "oh my God, I didn't think that ever happened", or "I was induced and had the baby within four hours" or my all time fav "why didn't you just demand a C-section?" x(

In my case I had to go back to work on Monday and it was sooooo irritating and I felt miserable. On the bright side though I did go into labor on my own and DD was born on her due date with no major complications and no C-section. So this was my first lesson on parenting. Some things just can't be rushed.

Hang in there! We will all be thinking about you. :)