PDA

View Full Version : Post partum hair loss

mik8
11-20-2003, 09:36 AM
Will it ever ease up? Mine started around 3 months post delivery. I swear I feel like I am going to be a baldie one of these days. Any feedback is appreciated.

drsweetie
11-20-2003, 09:40 AM
Oh boy, do I remember this. It seems like the hair is almost coming out in clumps. For me I think it started around 4 months postpartum, and it was really irritating. The good news is that I'm now almost 6 months postpartum and the hair loss has really let up. Give it a month or so. But if it's really bothering you, check with your OB or midwife, because theoretically it could be something else like thyroid problems (but it's probably just the normal stuff).

Ellen
Mom to Laura 6/9/03

KimberleyDawn
11-20-2003, 09:50 AM
Lasted until about 7-8 months pp with me!
It was disgusting to find my hair in food, all over the furniture, floors, clumped in William's fists...
Kim

momma_boo
11-20-2003, 09:52 AM
It got better for me. At its worst, there was hair EVERYWHERE -- there were huge clumps in the drain; I had to "collect" my hair when making the bed; I was always finding hair in DD's crib as well.
I guess a month ago (around 7 months) is when the hair loss went back to a more normal level. Funny, now that my hair is no longer falling out on its own, I'm finding that DD is constantly pulling and grabbing my hair. So technically, I'm still losing some hair.

Jen in Chicago
11-20-2003, 09:55 AM
Just in case, have your Thyroid checked (simple blood test). I have a thyroid disorder and he cases for loss. 5.5 months later my white bathroom floor is always showing off my hair.

mik8
11-20-2003, 10:07 AM
It's good to know I'm not the only one. I'll keep in mind about the thyroid issue.