PDA

View Full Version : William has been sick with one thing or another since the....

KimberleyDawn
11-20-2003, 09:39 AM
beginning of October.
He has had a regular cold (which has never gone away), diaper rash from hell, 2 ear infections, the croup and now major constipation!!
The diaper rash, ear infections and croup are gone so I'm going to list our current issues:
Poop- dealing with constipation that is standing up to both prune juice and prune puree! Aloe juice is my next plan of attack.
Ears- VERY waxy! Should I use some mineral oil to soften the wax and hope it then works it's way out?
Nose- green and thick! It has been running daily since October and was always clear but not anymore. Saline spray....nasal wash....help me!
Chest- croup gone but still has a "regular cough" and he is very congested sounding but cough syrup (Vick's Children's Nyquil) doesn't seem to make a difference.
All suggestions and comments are welcome!
Kim

bluej
11-20-2003, 10:06 AM
Sounds like you are having a rough autumn! Hopefully he's getting it all out of his system now and will be sick-free this winter! I don't have much for advice, but wanted to let you know that there is something on the market for waxy ears (it's probably nothing more than mineral oil but might be worth looking into). I can't remember what it is called, but we had to use it every other month for Alex when she was 2-4 years old. Since William is so young, I'd ask your doctor first. Alex had major wax issues, she had to go in and have the wax flushed out. It was not a fun experience but once we started using the drops the wax would break up and fall out on its own. Thankfully it's gotten much better over the years.

Momof3Labs
11-20-2003, 10:17 AM
Is this all since he started daycare? I'd talk to the daycare and see if they are using proper processes to prevent as much germ spreading as possible, like tons of handwashing in HOT water with plenty of soap, for the proper length of time (is it one minute or two?). My SIL worked in one daycare (for a day or two - then she quit) that actually used the same rag (that smelled like vomit) to wipe all the kids' noses! DISGUSTING!!! And talk about germ spreading! Believe it or not, this was a huge national chain that starts with "K"...

I think that you really need to get him in to see his ped - there are too many things going on, and they can help you focus on treating what is treatable. Plus green snot can be a sign of an infection (sinus infection).