PDA

View Full Version : Way Way OT: Does anyone else watch Days of Our Lives?

MartiesMom2B
11-20-2003, 12:29 PM
This Salem Stalker thing is getting as bad as Marlena's possession by the Devil. Everyone's contracts must be up. I've been trying to find a Days of Our Lives message board to see if there is any inside scoop on this thing, but I can't find anything. I refuse to buy Soap Opera Digest either.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

deborah_r
11-20-2003, 12:39 PM
Don't watch it, but your descriptions sure have me curious!

I flipped on The Guiding Light the other day and CANNOT BELIEVE Philip is still on there. I thought for sure nobody I remembered could still be on...

bluej
11-20-2003, 12:49 PM
Yep, I watch it. And I'm embarassed to say that I still watch it after that whole Marlena possession thing! I'm seriously wondering who is going to be left after all the killings are done. However, there are a few I wouldn't mind seeing killed off!

egoldber
11-20-2003, 12:58 PM
OK, its been like 15 years since I last watched DOOL. But there's STILL a Salem Stalker???? Is is the same stalker from about 15 years ago? And wasn't Marlena possessed about 15 years ago too? Or was that her evil twin thing?

MartiesMom2B
11-20-2003, 01:03 PM
Marlena was possessed when I was a senior in college so that was from the summer of 97-98. I think I graduated when she became unpossessed so I didn't see it. I never knew about another Salem Stalker but so far: Abe, Jack Devereux, Maggie Horton, and Caroline Brady are dead. People who I wouldn't mind if they died too: John Black (IMO, the worst actor in the world). I think I saw something was going to happen to Marlena too in the previews.

Sonia

deborah_r
11-20-2003, 01:23 PM
But since it's a soap, they can miraculously come back someday, so you can never REALLY get rid of them!

amp
11-20-2003, 01:45 PM
So glad I am not the only loser watching this! Not that any of you are losers, but you know what I mean. I *hated* the Marlena devil possession storyline, which was by a certain writer. He left and they got a different one back and the storylines went back to normal (for a soap), but now, that devil writer is back (he also does Passions) and he does this. I cannot believe they fired Abe and Caroline after all this time! I so wish this guy would quit writing this show again. They're about to lose me as a viewer. And to top it off, we are a Nielsen family right now, so I'm actually recording that I watch this crap! LOL! Maybe I shouldn't watch it! But I think I'll put that in my comments at the end of my Nielsen diary so they know we don't like this writer.

August Mom
11-20-2003, 02:02 PM
I remember the Salem Stalker of the past. Actually, I think it was the Salem Strangler. That Salem Stalker/Strangler was captured, though, although I can't remember who it was. I haven't really been following DOOL lately, but it does seem odd that they are killing off people from the core families. At least Maggie, Caroline and Abe weren't in the show that often, but killing Jack really surprises me. Maybe they'll kill off everyone and start a new show only call it DOOL. LOL While we're mentioning others that could be killed off, I second your nomination of John Black. He is a pretty poor/annoying actor. Also, I nominate Mimi's mother. What is the point of having her in the show? She is so annoying. (BTW, here's a little DOOL trivia for you from back in the days that Beth watched. The actress playing Mimi's mother used to play another character on DOOL. She was Adrienne. Adrienne was Jack and Steve's sister and was married to Justin. She and Justin lived in the Kiriakis mansion for awhile. Oh, and speaking of actors playing more than one character on the same show, the current Roman used to play Chris Koseczek (sp?) who owned a restaurant/bar on DOOL.)

egoldber
11-20-2003, 02:09 PM
Oh yes the Salem Strangler! And I remember Chris Koseczek (sp???). It amazes me that a lot of the same people are still on the show!

emilyf
11-20-2003, 03:43 PM
I have been an on and off watcher my whole life (mom watched when we were babies!) and haven't really kept up lately, but a friend had it on this week. We decided there must be some twist, a dream, some sort of death-like coma scenario, something! There's no way they are getting rid of all those characters.
Emily \r\nmom of Charlie born 11/02

houseof3boys
11-20-2003, 03:48 PM
Oh, all of a sudden you are interested in it? I must have piqued your interest with Caroline Brady.

At first I thought it was Stefano but now with all of these scenes with the murder victims talking to the killer I have no idea who the heck it is. John Black being controlled again and doing it is all I can come up with!

momma_boo
11-20-2003, 03:50 PM
I watched it pretty regularly during college (a whole bunch of us would watch while eating lunch) but had watched it during the summers while in middle/high school. I stopped for a while and then started watching once in a while I was home on maternity. During the three years that I missed it, somehow all the "babies" turned into teenagers/young adults. How is it that Sami and her son aged normally, but then Philip, Belle, etc. have all been accelerated 10+ years?

The Marlena-possession storyline was pretty out there. This whole Salem Stalker thing sounds just as nuts.

I can't believe they killed off Caroline Brady! They havn't killed Grandma Horton, have they? That would be horrible.

houseof3boys
11-20-2003, 03:52 PM
I know how funny is it that people come back as different characters?

I used to look forward to when I was home sick or off from work just so I could watch it. It's a sickness I know but I have been watching since birth and you can pick up where you left off after years of not watching!

Mimi's mother is so annoying and the story line associated with her is ridiculous. I was hoping she would have gotten killed off when she and Celeste were in the alley that time with the killer close by.

amp
11-20-2003, 04:38 PM
John Black could be controlled by Stefano. My DH (who despises this show, but I have it on when he's home at lunch) said it was Hope (when they had a sketch of the killer's eyes), and she could also be controlled by Stefano, but she's been with people when the murders took place. I said Marlena could also be controlled by Stefano, but it looks like she might even be a victim.

Just as an aside, is it at all possible for Rex to function with a shirt on? Not that he doesn't have a nice upper body, but geez....he's rarely fully dressed these days. I wonder if he's noticed the change?

bluej
11-20-2003, 05:37 PM
I thought those looked like Hope's eyes too!

And did you see the day (this was several weeks ago) they had Rex in his tighty whitey's doing a Risky Business dance thing? It was so cheesey I was embarassed for him!

DDowning
11-20-2003, 06:09 PM
I've been sucked into this thing again as well since DS naps at the time the show is on here. My gosh it must have been 15 years or so the last time I watched this. Maggie Horton and Caroline and I guess, Marlena is going to get offed this week as well based on the promos - all those people were still on when I watched it back then. It really seems that they are cleaning house as far as actors go. Who is this Jane person that came back to "Salem to stay" that came on the end there today?

houseof3boys
11-20-2003, 08:07 PM
I didn't know who that person was either (Jane) but she sure had her eyes on Brady. I thought it might have been the character Chloe coming back as a different actress since Victor mentioned her today. In the preview for tomorrow (I won't be home to watch it either :() looks like Marlena might be next since they show her falling/fainting/dying/whatever!!!!

amp
11-20-2003, 08:23 PM
I am embarrassed for him daily since they won't even let him dress anymore!

bluej
11-20-2003, 08:35 PM
You all may want to stone me, but I really hope Marlena is next. Absolutely everything about her annoys me. Then they can go after John.

I don't know about the Jane person either. I missed that part, but I'm wracking my brain thinking who it could be. Did Greta have anything to do w/ Brady? My mommy-mush brain can't keep who's been w/ who straight anymore.

mamahill
11-20-2003, 08:43 PM
Ok, so only Joanne knows my dirty little secret - I'm a closet watcher. It started last year when I would nurse Ainsleigh and I'd flip to DOOL at Rosie's commercials. I was LMAO at the TOTAL "smell the fart" (a la Joey of Friends) acting. John sends me into giggles every time. I wonder, "How did these people get into acting?!" And then I remember, because shmoes like me WATCH this stuff. DH is totally embarassed and rolls his eyes if I ever reference it, and I generally catch it a couple times a week (no need to watch EVERY minute!), while browsing the boards. It totally lightens my day, I mean, I think *I* have problems, I haven't been kidnapped, brainwashed, forced to carry someone's child, jailed, hospitalized, in a coma, my brother's girlfriend's sister's daughter's... etc. I watch from a completely comic standpoint, and I feel MUCH better about myself afterward:).

That being said, I will also admit to finding "Spoilers" on this one site (OMG - I can't believe I'm disclosing this) www.soapoperafan.com/days - and apparently Cassie is next, and people have some suspicions that it's Marlena under Stephano's control killing everyone.

I just think it's so funny that they say such soap cliche stuff. Anyone see Soapdish? I wonder why, with everything all these characters have been through, all of them aren't in therapy. LOL.

My sister sent this to me. I don't understand all of them, but some of them are very funny...
http://www.bethsdayspage.com/days/neverhear.html

mamahill
11-20-2003, 09:03 PM
ps - I should add that Joanne has only helped feed my dirty secret by sending me the Days of Our Lives COOKBOOK - did you even know they made such a thing?! Needless to say, it does not reside in my kitchen cupboard with the other cookbooks, but under my bed, out of the eyes of guests;).

jojo2324
11-20-2003, 09:05 PM
I've been tempted ALL DAY to out Sarah, but left it up to her in the end, LOL. It's GOOD for you!!! :D

And CUTE new pics of Miss A...Thanks for including some of my apparently can't-function-without-his-mouth-open-son. :) I might have to add a Shutterfly album again.

pritchettzoo
11-20-2003, 10:12 PM
I haven't watched in a while, but I am lauging so hard about the "smell the fart" acting. My DH imitates John and it cracks me up every time.

And I was going to post that website (the spoiler one) too. I used to read that instead of watching because I would get so impatient waiting for a story line to develop.

Don't you HATE how it takes a freaking month and a half to celebrate the 4th of July??

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

MartiesMom2B
11-20-2003, 10:55 PM
Yes I hate how a day last 3 weeks on the show. I mean really, shouldn't Abe's body be in such horrible decompistion now, that he couldn't possibly have his funeral with Maggie's. My goodness.

I'm starting to suspect that the whole stalker thing is to kill off some cast members so they can introduce some fresh blood. I swear the Hortons and Bradys must be terribly inbred by now.

Sonia

hez
11-21-2003, 12:02 AM
I used to watch this in HS with my mom... So when I went on mat leave, I found myself watching again (especially since Mom was watching it while she was here helping out!). It's sick how you can get sucked right back into it (of course, I missed the Marlena storyline, so I didn't watch the REALLY bad stuff 'til recently).

Mom reads Soap Opera Digest or some such thing, and had mentioned that a whole bunch of people were getting fired. So now I call her every couple of days during the show and ask her if so and so is getting fired, so that I know to expect that person to keel over. Now that the spoiler link has been published, I won't have to bug her :)

I never thought I'd be a soap opera addict...

SeekerMage
11-21-2003, 02:21 AM
Well Ill admit it....I watch it when we are home and if Angela is napping...hehehe cheesy show. I do know that a total of five people are being killed off due to contracts being up....so Cassie must be the last one then...sheesh thank goodness because this story line is really cheesy! A stalker senerio isnt bad but they are really playing it up bad!

houseof3boys
11-21-2003, 11:29 PM
Okay, I hate to even post again about DOOL but did you catch the cleavage on Celeste today at the funeral with her blond hair? Geez could they have been pushed up anymore than the were? Unreal.

I saw the last 20 minutes of it today and don't think I missed much. I'm jazzed to know about the website having spoilers because now I don't have to race home on a Friday if I am running around just to catch the cliff hanger. Oh yeah, I could always ask you soap opera junkies what happened?!?!?! :P

hez
11-21-2003, 11:34 PM
LOL about Celeste-- I was just thinking how droopy I'm getting, and then I see her! Ugh. At least she had the blond hair so I could pretend she was a Barbie or something else completely unreal :)

MartiesMom2B
11-22-2003, 08:27 AM
I totally agree about Celeste. Hello Cleavage!

I don't think I'll be able to watch the episode where Cassie comes out of the bloody pinata. I think I'm away.

Debbi, you know if you miss Fridays they always have so many flashbacks on Monday to catch you up. Nothing much did happen, except Caroline singing to Celeste, and more of Kyle Lowder (Brady) shirtless in Nicole's fantasy. Did you know that they were married in real life.

Sonia

bluej
11-22-2003, 08:43 AM
I think they were on some Thanksgiving Parade last year and it was announced that they recently got married and me of course all wrapped up in who their characters are was like NO WAY! Oh wait, they probably aren't like that in real life! Then my sister said that they look like brother and sister, so ever since then whenever I think of them being married it kind of grosses me out.

houseof3boys
11-22-2003, 09:07 AM
No way. I had no idea they were married IRL. Too funny.

DDowning
01-23-2004, 12:46 AM
Not to bring up "smell the fart" acting references again (I still laugh at that comment), but anyone ELSE getting excited that the killer is finally going to be revealed? And the fact as to WHO it is! I won't give it away for those who don't like spoilers but I can say, its not Nicole as much as Victor would hope (ugg, talk about smell the fart acting!!)

bluej
01-23-2004, 08:52 AM
I KNOW it's a soap opera and not real, but still I'm annoyed to no end that they can just throw a circus together w/ all of the people of Salem being the entertainers and they never trained or practiced for it!

And yes, I snuck a peak to see who the killer is. Hmmmm, does this mean this person will finally be leaving the show (this person annoys me to no end!)? I mean really, if there's no jail time for this, then what does a person have to do?

amp
01-23-2004, 11:40 AM
I haven't sneaked a peek at who it is, but I saw a commercial that it will be revealed next week (I think...I wasn't listening very closely). Anyway, DH (who hates this show but humors me by leaving it on at lunch) was so mad that all the community members *were* the circus staff. What?! Just anyone can walk the tightrope?! Yeah, right!

DDowning
01-23-2004, 01:53 PM
I had to laugh at that yesterday. Poor Phil, Rex and Sean looked ridiculous in their (tight)pants. And Rex, all of a sudden, was able to walk a tight rope and hold dead-weight fainted Mimi at the same time? And there was no net? Please....

amp
01-23-2004, 04:30 PM
I'm also wondering what it is with this writer that he finds soooo many ways to get these guys shirtless. You could make a drinking game out of it if you were still in college or predisposed to a lunchtime drink! Geez! I wonder if they are starting to feel like pieces of meat yet?!

TaChapm2
01-23-2004, 08:20 PM
I had no idea about this thread being started and almost started a new one yeaterday but chickened out. I'll out myself. I am over this story line as well. I cheated and looked up who the killer is because I am going to be out of town next week. I can't believe it!
I curious how it will all come to light.
Tara
Mommy to Jackson (11-10-02)