PDA

View Full Version : co-sleepers - need your advice...

spu
11-20-2003, 01:45 PM
We love sleeping with our babies, but it's getting a little tight these days. At 16 months, 2 babies, me, daddy, and our chocolate lab just barely fit in our bed (we have a king which helps...) Plus, it's not on the floor, so I surround the perimeter with pillows, which also cuts down on space.

They're still nursing tons during the night, so I'm not sure if starting separate sleeping arrangements will work at first. How did you make the transition and when? Not that I want to move them out of our bed yet, but just wondering what to do, when, and how... plus I'm getting afraid they'll fall out one of these days. I was thinking of taking a mattress in their room and putting it on the floor (no more floor space in our room) so at least we'd have some options and can hop around as needed.

any thoughts or advice would be great!
thanks!!

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte + else

http://sunger2.home.comcast.net/bash/nonflash/year.html

Rachels
11-20-2003, 03:34 PM
Can you put your bed on the floor? We did it, and Clay and I sleep a lot better now because we don't worry that Abigail will have a head injury if she rolls out. (She never rolls out, but peace of mind, anyway.) I have read on MDC and in the No Cry Sleep Solution about people putting a big mattress on the floor in the babies' room, though, so that does sound like a good Plan B. If you got a decent size mattress, they could still sleep on it together and have each other for company, but you'd still be comfortable if you needed to crawl in with them to nurse.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02