PDA

View Full Version : Survivor Anyone?

cinrein
11-20-2003, 02:29 PM
Anyone here addicted to Survivor this season? I am!

I think this is one of my favorite Survivors--probably because for the first time I don't intensely dislike most of the castaways. So far I would be OK with just about any of the remaining tribe members winning, except for that Jon. Can't stand him.

Love my Thursday night TV!

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

amp
11-20-2003, 02:37 PM
I am addicted to Survivor every season! And ditto...can't stand Jon! I would love it if Rupert would win, but the other people are seeing that he is a threat and could win, so unless he keeps winning immunity challenges, he's doomed. x(

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-20-2003, 02:44 PM
i jsut think all around he is AWESOME...and I wish he was my friend...I jsut love him!!!
With that said I actually like everyone left from his tribe but Jon...he scares me to DEATH!!!!

I have to say though last season disappointed me so much because it made me really realize how un privy we are the "real discussions", that the brown haired gal won 100% of the votes and we were "lead" to beleive via editing that she was not liked shows that they can spin much of this in the direction they want.

I can only hope that their showing people speaking of voting Rupert off is jsut the tiniest bit of a conversation being taped and chosen to air. For example if I was there...loved Rupert...I might be causght on tape saying "yikes...everyone will vote for him if it comes down between us...he is a threat..." etc... but that can be in a 3 hour conversation bashing someone else the whole time...

If they vote of Rupert I will be so mad at all of them!!! I've never loved a Survivor series like this one!!!!

Was Olsen a loser or what (was that his name)...
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

cinrein
11-20-2003, 03:02 PM
I know, I felt so bad for Rupert the way everyone was talking about him. It seems like he is the only one without a true alliance.

Osten was a big loser. I thought it was too funny when he almost "drowned" in calm water. Sheesh, what the heck did he go on Survivor for?

I also don't like Lil, the boy scout troop leader. She seems nice enough, but I find her really irritating.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

amp
11-20-2003, 04:57 PM
Yea, Osten had big muscles but that didn't do diddly squat to help him out. The wimpy guys and women are so much stronger mentally than he was! I would have to think that he'll regret that decision to be a quitter some day. It's one thing to try and fail, but another to quit trying. After all, it's just a game, and it's for a Million dollars. It's not like anything really terrible is likely to actually happen to him other than losing some muscle and weight!

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-20-2003, 06:07 PM
Even the host made fun of him during the "eviction" (I felt)...

Neve
Feb 25, 2003

brubeck
11-20-2003, 06:42 PM
I've watched all the Survivors since the first episode of the first one. In fact I went into labor with Andrew during the finale of Survivor: Thailand. I suspect I was ignoring the pains because I had been having BH for ages and was too involved in seeing who won to notice if these were any different! :)

mamahill
11-20-2003, 08:52 PM
Me too!! I loved Andrew Savage - he was such a nice guy, and I loved how he always wore his suit jacket to any formal;) event. I also really like Rupert, but hesitate to pick him as the winner because my picks never win. I detest Jon - he makes me shudder whenever I see him. And Lil looks like she's constantly frowning and about to cry.

amp
11-20-2003, 09:37 PM
Well, I'm surprised I'm the first one back here after the terrible voting event that just occured. I knew it was inevitable, but I literally had my fingers crossed till the end and then I buried my head and my hands saying "No, no, no!" Boy am I addicted. I also think I would like to beat up Jon. Is that immature or what. I throw imaginary punches at him everytime he speaks! Blech!

redhookmom
11-20-2003, 09:41 PM
I read in the paper that Rupert is on next season!! There is going to be a sort of All-Star cast. I can't wait.

Jessica

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-20-2003, 10:12 PM
I LOVED RUPERT!!!!! I love that he adopted a snake, I jsut love him...and honestly think he is the ultimate Survivor. I knew the show was leading us to beleive he was going to be voted out but that made me think even more that he wouldn't be (they play games that way)...BUT at the beginning when they kind of did an eulogy for him I did wonder.

*****Now I wonder...why did Sandra vote "Jon"...I mean I see whay but it was against her alliance with Rupers and the blonde gal not to vote Darrah and I wondered why she did that...
then I owndered was her "accident" bull eye on his name then really an accident...and then I wondered if she heard Jon and Burton in the woods then why did she not hear that they were voting Rupert...I thought she loved him, but that has made me wonder slightly...

I can't wait to see him on the All Star Cast if that is true!!!!
I can't stand Jon!!! YUCK!!!!

Neve
Feb 25, 2003

amp
11-21-2003, 12:13 AM
I read the same thing! By all rights, he should have won this one. At least he'll have another chance. Long live Rupert!

peasprout
11-21-2003, 02:10 AM
I agree with everyone here,...Rupert is the best! And Savage was cool too. Unfortunatly, the more liked you are the more likely you are to get voted off. Which means slimy, arrogant, sniveling Jon will probably make it to the final three! Yuck! And Lil annoys me too! I wish we were the ones doing the voting! That would be interesting! ;)

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-21-2003, 08:39 AM
They just did the Survivor segment on Good Morning America and said he is absent and that his location can not be proven or denied (wink)...but that there was rumor of another Survivor!!!!

I so hope it is near water and fish!!!! They did have segments of his interviews and he clearly thinks he was a pirate at one time so I hope the next installement has him on an island...

He said from the get go he KNEW he'd win was meant to win...so maybe that is it...he'll when the All Star!!!!!

Neve
Feb 25, 2003

cinrein
11-21-2003, 09:49 AM
Sigh. I was sad to see Rupert go, I it was inevitable. No one would have a chance of winning against him even if he didn't nearly win every challenge.

My only hope now is that all the remaining women form an alliance and vote out Jon. I despise him more and more and it sickens me to think he has made it this far.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

mharling
11-21-2003, 10:24 AM
ITA! Jon makes my stomach churn. I couldn't stand his smug face when Rupert was voted out.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osnt.jsp?i=67b0de21b356c32425b2 - Halloween Pics!

teddy
11-21-2003, 10:37 AM
Ugh, I love Rupert and was so sad to see him go. And his parting words at the end about just wanting to be accepted made me feel sad. I hope he knows how much WE fans love him! He is so positive.

Now, Jon is so smug and evil! And Lil needs to develop a mind of her own and stop looking so sad all the time. Burton is very good at this game, I hate to admit. Darrah, what has she done? They hardly interview her anyway! I don't know anything about her.

My friend works at the law office where Andrew Savage is a partner. How cool is that?!?

peanut4us
11-21-2003, 12:11 PM
Confirming, not denying, said rumor: http://www.survivornews.net/news.php?id=366

Also if you go to the castaways section you can see everyone in all three tribes.

PS... just a little tickle the abbreviation for episode 8 is "ASS" All Star Survivor! Teehee!

And I think the girlies are in control. I think Sandra totally did that on purpose. Notice how they didn't let us see any footage of the girls' alliance. And I think Lil can lie better than they give her credit for.