PDA

View Full Version : How to keep Baby's hands warm at night?

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
11-22-2003, 06:37 PM
How do you keep your baby's hands warm at night? My DS sleeps with his hands up by his head, and doesn't care to be swaddled anymore (at 4.5 months). His body is warm enough when I check his neck, but his hands are like ice blocks in the morning! I can't put socks on his hands because he sucks on them to soothe himself at night. Any suggestions?

TIA!
--Jennifer

Rachels
11-22-2003, 06:51 PM
That's pretty normal for little babies. I remember Abby's hands being like that, too. There's really nothing you can do. As long as his body is warm enough, he'll be okay. He'll grow out of the freezing-hands stage soon.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

jd11365
11-23-2003, 08:38 AM
I just bought a great little heater at Target by Holmes. It has a regulator which can keep her room at whatever temperature we choose to set it...we keep it at a comfy 70 degrees. It has been wonderful and the light noise of the fan seems to be soothing. It has a cool-touch plastic casing and auto shut-off if it tips for safety. I'm pretty much a safety freak and feel very comfortable with this. They have them with different features and prices ranging from 19.99-49.99. Ours was 39.99.

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03