PDA

View Full Version : So much Drool!!! At 15 months...is this normal?

brigmaman
11-23-2003, 09:03 AM
Lately Brig has been drooling a ton. He has his 8 front teeth and all 4 of his molars have broken through already. Is it normal for him to be drooling a ton? It is so much that his shirt gets more and more wet as the day goes on. He didn't even drool this much when he was first teething. A friend mentioned it, and now I am getting worried. What do you think?

Mommie2MadLyn
11-23-2003, 08:17 PM
I hope you aren't referring to me??:o I know you are. I really don't think you need to worry about the drooling Trish. He probably is just getting more teeth. I didn't mean to get your head spinning when I commented on the DROOL!!!Sorry to get you worried.

jojo2324
11-23-2003, 08:29 PM
Hi Trish.

I can't speak from personal experience, but I know that mamahill and Ainsleigh have lots of drool going on over there, and Ainsleigh only has (I think) one more tooth to go. She's away for a few days, but maybe she'll have a few words of insight when she gets back?

I wouldn't worry about it too much. :)

Andrea S
11-23-2003, 09:40 PM
Andrew is drooling a ton. His molars have broken through, but not all the way yet so I just blame it on teething. I do not think you need to worry.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

Momof3Labs
11-23-2003, 11:50 PM
Colin is flooding us out - we're stepping in puddles on the floor and the knee-jerk reaction is to holler at the dogs, but it isn't them! He just cut his eighth tooth and has two molars popping through, so I suspect that is why.

brigmaman
11-24-2003, 07:44 AM
LOL Lori! That's how I feel!
Don't worry, Tracey, actually Jay(dh) mentioned it too! When I got home from a few hours away from Brig his whole turtle neck and front of his shirt were wet. I guess his teeth are pretty much in, but maybe there are more coming.
Thanks!

egoldber
11-24-2003, 02:06 PM
The molars are awful. Not so much pain (at least for DD), but they take FOREVER to come in and there is mucho drool involved!

daisymommy
11-24-2003, 07:22 PM
Hee-Hee, expect to see eye-teeth sometime soon! Many babies (like Josh) drool like crazy whenever there is a tooth coming in. Josh started drooling buckets at 3 months. When my mom mentioned that he must be teething, I said No Way! He's too young. But then at 4 months there were 2 teeth. A month later, and 2 more appeared. Now every time we go thru 2-3 shirts A DAY I know more teeth are coming! Josh is 15 months old too, and his last molar just came in. The drooling has stopped for the moment, but I know it will start back up again any time! The only thing that keeps the laundry down are absorbant bibs.