PDA

View Full Version : Time between pull up and walking????

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-23-2003, 04:01 PM
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan/images/8monthplay.jpg

He's plotting right there you can tell!!!! :)

For those that might have kept track on paper or in mind...how much time did you have to prepare (lol) between your baby pulling up on things and walking. I am scared to death. Tristan is so curious, he is into everything, he see's everything and I swear nothing nothing nothing escapes him!!!! Just now in the kitchen as I turned the lazy Susan under the counter I thought "Uh OH" is he watching me, sure enough I turned around his eyes were all big and he headed to it via army crawl quicker than I could close the door.

I thought he'd be a late walker but was curious at the stats of time between pulling up and walking if anyone knew...
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

jojo2324
11-23-2003, 04:05 PM
I think it was about a month...Not enough time, that much is for sure, LOL! :) He didn't start crawling until about 8-9 months, but after that it all progressed very quickly, and he started walking one day shy of 11 months.

Oooh, I wish I could see T-man in action. It's so hard to believe that he's mobile!

jojo2324
11-23-2003, 04:05 PM
Sorry, double post! Tristan is such a cutie!! And Neve, I was telling DH about the billybob teeth the other night and he said, "Oh, I already have that page bookmarked." LOL! :D

Momof3Labs
11-23-2003, 05:58 PM
Colin pulled up and started cruising at 6.5 months, took his first steps at 9.5 months (even though he was nearly cruising no-handed long before then) and took off running at 10.5 months. So hopefully you have some time!

Maybe I should bring Colin in December - he can give you lots of babyproofing tips!!

MelissaTC
11-23-2003, 07:10 PM
Matthew was an army crawler too. He started pulling up at around 9 months, cruising around 10.5 and walking at 12 months. Hopefully, you'll have a little more time to prepare. :)

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-23-2003, 08:19 PM
We would love for you to bring Colin!!!!

Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

JElaineB
11-23-2003, 11:38 PM
Jacob crawled, pulled up and starting cruising all in the week before he turned 7 months old. He was taking steps probably around 9.5 months and started walking at 10.5 months. I can barely catch him now if he gets away from me!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

Momof3Labs
11-23-2003, 11:53 PM
Wow - Jacob and Colin were on almost exactly the same schedule! Colin also crawled, pulled up and cruised all in the same week - boy, that was quite a week around here!

lukkykatt
11-23-2003, 11:59 PM
Aw...forget about pull up and walking! Who can concentrate on that, looking at your little man in his cheesecake shot! I love it! And is that one of "the" quilts on the floor? Do tell.

But back to your question - it depends on their personality and motivation, I think. For some, everything goes really quick, and for others who are more tentative, you might have a longer time. Is he pulling up and cruising now? If so, you might want to start babyproofing. We had a babyproofing company come to our house, go through it and make suggestions. Then we decided what we wanted to do and they came back to do the work (but you would not need this if Steve is handy - DH is decidedly NOT).

nathansmom
11-24-2003, 12:24 AM
Nathan learned to crawl in October (8months) and learned to pull up and he also stood alone the next day. He has been taking his first steps today at 9 1/2 months.

bnme
11-24-2003, 08:15 AM
My DS didn't start crawling till around 8 months-before that he got around by rolling. The very next day he was pulling up and cruising. Now at 10.5 months hes walking pretty well. He started talking steps here and there as early as 9 months.

They speed up real quick, too. When he started cruising I knew I could turn mny back a few seconds because he wasn't getting anywhere fast but before I knew it he'd be catching me by surprise at quickly he could get from one place to another.
Have fun! He's is adorable.

bnme
11-24-2003, 08:15 AM
deleted-oops-double post