PDA

View Full Version : The recent Brger King incident....

kensjen
11-23-2003, 07:44 PM
I'm sure you all remember the Burger King nursing mom, who was asked to go nurse in the bathroom....this site has made some shirts, they are too funny!!

http://www.cafeshops.com/ottogear/192867

I got a chuckle out of them! I'm glad the mom stood her ground, way to go. Now I guess they have a nursing policy...I still think it is pretty sad that it isn't just natural, that there has to be a policy, ya know? Maybe our daughters will live in a more BF friendly world.

deborah_r
11-23-2003, 07:55 PM
That's great - and I love those shorts and bibs!!

i still don't understand why it says in the article that 20 states allow brestfeeding in public - I believe it is national, meaning all states???

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-23-2003, 08:24 PM
I heard they adopted this "policy" due to a protest of moms staging a nurse in there...we don't breast feed but Tristan and I were going to go and pretend we do to support the cause that is for sure...

I'm confused by their "policy" I thought it was law...
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

mharling
11-23-2003, 09:56 PM
I read it that their policy is in regards to employees knowing the law and being able to cite it if another customer complains. The policy isn't to allow breastfeeding per se, but rather to support it. That's my take on it anyway. :)

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osnt.jsp?i=67b0de21b356c32425b2 - Halloween Pics!

Rachels
11-23-2003, 11:03 PM
It is federal law, but individual states have also passed legislation at that level as well. I thought it was more than twenty, though.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

hez
11-23-2003, 11:59 PM
Very nice! We even had that discussion with our parents this weekend while they were here.

OK, so I might be the only one looking that closely, but I think the baby in the "If you don't like it..." shirts is wearing Swaddlers or Cruisers :) I know, occupational hazard that the first thing I always check is the diaper brand!

ottosmom
11-24-2003, 11:57 PM
LOL, You are correct! Otto wears Pampers Cruisers. You've got me curious now! Do you work for them? I was checking out my counter and seeing where my recent visitors came from. When I first made those shirts, I followed a link to some woman who was saying she was disgusted that the baby is wearing "nasty paper" diapers. I guess, as opposed to cloth, LOL. I almost took the shirts down because of that!

Michelle

deborah_r
11-25-2003, 01:29 AM
Hi Michelle,

Welcome to our little community - your shirts are really great! And Otto is a cutie!

hez
11-25-2003, 10:59 AM
Sorry-- I missed this question in the midst of family being here...

Yup, I work for P&G, who makes Pampers & Luvs. Spent quite a bit of time working with the materials for all the tiers (except Easy Ups). I'm off on leave right now with my little guy, so your counter won't show a P&G web address.

Tell that woman there's really not 'paper' in the diapers :) Just lots of nonwovens and nice stretchy polymers :)