PDA

View Full Version : First Brithday - questions

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-24-2003, 06:52 PM
I'm obsessive...and plan plan plan...so I've been planning Tristan's Birthday in my head forever. I was going to do a frog cake, three dimensional since we call him bugaboo frog!!!

BUT Tristan lights up over Cat in the Hat, and was Cat in the Hat for Halloween. He LOVES him!!! He got all excited over a stuffed Cat in the hat at Costco (it was too floppy so I didn't get it), but I did get him an adorable Cat in the Hat stocking that I won't hang on our mantal but will some how incorporate into his Holidays (maybe for Kris Kringle day Dec 6th).

I just noticed I could do a Cat in the Hat theme, but the stuff is selling so quickly I'd need to start now.

Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

mamahill
11-24-2003, 07:00 PM
Oh girlie, when I first saw your subject line I thought, "Eeeeek! What happened to the time?!" But then I realized his birthday isn't QUITE yet, and then I thought, "He's 9 months old?! What happened to the time?!" Anyway, I can't believe the T-ster is getting so big!

I don't know of the CITH stuff with bee sold out in February as well. They're selling so quickly right now because of the movie, but I suspect it will still be around by then. I love the idea of having the frog cake you've had planned, but if he lights up over the Cat, then maybe that would be more fun. You could do some great decorations with the stripes and bright colors... serve bright green punch or something... oooh, don't forget to invite us!:)

Seriously, where DOES the time go?!

lizajane
11-24-2003, 08:53 PM
ohmigaw... you could do layer after layer after layer and make a TAAAAAAAAALL cat in the hat stripey hat cake! it would be a riot!

i don't know. both ideas sound great.

elvisfan
11-24-2003, 09:15 PM
Dare I mention the possibility of someone dressing up like the Cat in the Hat and making a stop?

Annette_C
11-24-2003, 09:35 PM
WOW Neve! Time does fly!!
I did a duck party for Sabrina since she loved ducks so much. I would go with his favorite theme. Just remember, though, that with some babies, what's hot today it's not so hot tomorrow! For that reason, I would wait a little longer before spending a lot of money into a theme that I wasn't so sure about.
But you have such great taste that, whatever you decide, I'm sure will be a hit!:)
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

Sandy
11-24-2003, 10:44 PM
Hi Neve,
I think whatever you do Tristan will love it. We did a frog theme for Alexander's first birthday too. I have attached a picture of our cake.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/1405.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/1406.jpg

Sandy mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-25-2003, 09:56 AM
Sandy,
Thank you for sharing the adorable picture...Thor is adorable!!!!
I love your cake, the falg, gorgeous family!!! thanks for sharing :)
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

starrynight
11-25-2003, 10:28 AM
If you think he will still love tcith by his birthday then I would go with it. :) And I don't think everything will be gone by then, something like that they will keep stocking the shelves with and even keep coming out with more fun stuff I think. The movie just came out so the stuff will be out for at least a few more months if not longer, depending on how well the movie does. Happy planning Neve!

mik8
11-25-2003, 10:45 AM
Neve,

Go with what Tristan likes. Seems like Cat in the Hat is his current joy. Do you have cathedral ceilings? If the room you're going to have the party is not a cathedral ceiling, I suggest having balloons in the CITH colors (blue - the color that's as close as possible to the CITH, red and white)and just let them float in the ceilings with their shiny bow strings in the same color theme hanging down. As for one year olds, I don't know how much of a safety issue is involved though since I only have a 3 months old. Needless to say I'm a safety freak person. Maybe you can cut the bows shorter so as not to be too long? Additionally, can your hubby dress as a CITH mascot? If not, maybe hire a professional mascot.

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-25-2003, 12:55 PM
OMG!!!! I didn't even think of that but I agree that would be so cute...I swore I wouldn't be "one of those moms" that spends so much for birthdays :)...look at me :)....

Byt he way I thought of you when we got Tristan his paci with the huge teeth...they had one that was elvis lips :)
check out www.billybobteeth.biz if you have not :)....
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

lukkykatt
11-25-2003, 02:31 PM
I think the Cat in the Hat would be adorable! If that is what he loves, I think you should go for it.

BTW, regarding your stocking dilemma, I heard of a Christmas tradition that I have started with my older son and will do with my little one when he comes out of his crib - maybe something to think of for the future. On Christmas Eve, I put the stocking at the foot of his bed so that when DS wakes up on Christmas morning, it is the first thing he sees. Like Santa left it on his bed at night. In future years, you could have your fancy stockings on the mantle and put Tristan's CITH stocking on his bed from Santa.

Have fun!

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-25-2003, 02:56 PM
That would be so cute :)...
That is what I'm going to do with it!!! :)...it's cute but so not "decor" :)
Neve
Feb 25, 2003