PDA

View Full Version : I met my first BBB friend IRL!

sweetbasil
11-25-2003, 10:30 AM
I haven't run across a large amount of fellow Texas-residing mommies on the boards, and ironically, the first BBB mommy I've met IRL is from Chicago! Caroline and Nathaniel (C99) dropped by my house on Saturday, and I was so excited to finally meet someone from the boards face-to-face. Nate is precious (what beautiful blue eyes!), Caroline and her family are all so nice, and its so great to finally say I've seen someone from the Boards. How exciting! :D

peanut4us
11-25-2003, 11:12 AM
Julie--where in Texas are you? We are in Round Rock, just outside of Austin.

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-25-2003, 12:52 PM
How exciting...and I am dying to meet you both!!!! :)
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

sweetbasil
11-25-2003, 04:12 PM
I have friends in Round Rock and Pfluggerville (I think I spelled that one right ;))...anyway, I'm in NW Houston.

Edited to read: We should meet up in San Marcos some time and do some major damage shopping the outlet there!

alleyoop
11-25-2003, 04:51 PM
Joey, we should play! I am in Austin, off of 183 and SpiceWood Springs! How about next week?

Julie, is that show still running at the Houston Art Museum, "100 most influential Modern Artists?" (or something like that) I have been dying for a second reason to go to Houston, so that I could see it.

heytootsy
11-25-2003, 08:30 PM
Oh, how fun, and what a wonderful family to meet! Caroline and Nathaniel are fantastic!! She does have a wonderful family. Now you should take a trip to Chicago.

bunnisa
11-25-2003, 10:49 PM
Not to hijack the thread (but I guess I will!!) Heather, my MIL & FIL live VERY near to you in Austin.

My FIL's family has a huge farm in Pflugerville! DH grew up in Temple, and my Aunt & Uncle live in Lago Vista.

Can I come visit y'all the next time DH & I visit the ILs? We'd love to move to TX but as of yet, no jobs have surfaced -- but we're still keeping the faith! (too darn cold & grey here in MI)

:D

Bethany
It's a Boy!
William Eric (Wilkes)
6/16/03

sweetbasil
11-25-2003, 10:54 PM
Let's see...are you talking about "The Heroic Century: The Museum of Modern Art Masterpieces, 200 Paintings and Sculptures"?
Here's a link: http://www.mfah.org/main.asp?target=calendar&par3=week&par4=0&par5=0&par6=0

I'd love to go! Let me know if you're seriously thinking about making a trip here, and I'll get ready to plan some fun Houston stuff for us to do! :D

alleyoop
11-26-2003, 04:18 PM
ABSOLUTELY! Just let me know next time you come out!

peanut4us
11-27-2003, 03:05 PM
As in you LIVE in Austin??? Or are you just visiting??? I would LOVE to meet you! And we should definately plan a San Marcos shopping blitz with Julie!

We're in Utah until Dec 2, then my mom is in town from dec 5-10?? I think, so after that? I'm so excited.

peanut4us
11-27-2003, 03:08 PM
Wow Bethany! it's so small of a world. Do you all visit often? definately let us know when next you visit and we'll all meet up... maybe TexMex at Chuy's for dinner. Yum!

C99
11-28-2003, 01:16 AM
And Julie was totally charming and welcoming! Kellen was napping, so I didn't get to meet him, but Charlie was quite cute. Next time I'm in town, we'll have to do a real get-together. :) We took Nathaniel to the butterfly hall at the natural sciences museum and he was most intrigued by Sid, the touchable iguana.