PDA

View Full Version : Song Suggestions for Video Please

August Mom
11-25-2003, 01:23 PM
My SIL and BIL don't have a video camera. We attend their son's (my nephew) 1st birthday party and video taped it. We're editing it, burning it to DVD and giving it to them as a Christmas present. However, I'm having trouble coming up with a "theme song" for it. Any suggestions? I would like something about a birthday, party, celebration or memories. The one I had in my mind is Every Moment by Joy Williams, but we were planning on using that for DS's birthday video and DH doesn't want to duplicate. TIA

MommytoDylan
11-25-2003, 01:27 PM
Friends used "Baby, Baby" by Amy Grant for their daughter's first year video.

HTH,
Meredith

Calmegja2
11-25-2003, 01:34 PM
We used "You'll Be In My Heart" for the one year DVD for Josh, and we used "Circle of Life" for his newborn video.

For my now 4 year old, she loved the song "Don't Turn Out The Lights", so we used that for a recent montage of her. It completely suited her......

deborah_r
11-25-2003, 01:38 PM
"It's my party and I'll cry if I want to" ? Maybe not what you're looking for.

Maybe this is hokey, but I love the song "Beautiful Boy" by John Lennon. Don't know if it fits with the birthday theme though, but it's about his son growing up. More from a father's perspective though.

I'll keep thinking of more.

celfsh
11-25-2003, 02:05 PM
For Liv's first birthday, we edited all the video from the past year into a 15-minute "short" that we showed at her party. Turned out so great, we actually plan on doing this every year! Anyway, we used the following for the soundtrack:

"What a Wonderful World"
"When You Wish Upon a Star"

There are others (including, "Thank Heaven for Little Girls") but I don't think they would apply. :)

Hope that gives you some ideas!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

August Mom
11-25-2003, 03:20 PM
I actually thought of that. Although, as DH pointed out, our nephew isn't crying on the video. (Well, actually he was once, but that got edited out. :) LOL)

kristine_elen
11-25-2003, 04:07 PM
How about "Celebrate" by Kool and the Gang?

deborah_r
11-25-2003, 04:31 PM
Oooohhhh..."What a Wonderful World" would be great I think. That song always makes me feel so happy (and a little weepy!)

August Mom
11-26-2003, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I checked most of them out and may use a few for DS's videos. I wound up going with the chorus to Child of Mine by Mark Schultz (after searching all over the house for the Heart in Motion CD by Amy Grant that has Baby, Baby on it). It's a nice song and it's probably for the best. I was a bit nervous about using Baby, Baby because it was that song that really turned a lot of Amy Grant's Christian music followers against here because there was a controversy about whether the song was really about a baby versus a man. Anyway, I wasn't sure how BIL/SIL came down on this and would hate to tarnish what I hope will be a treasured gift.

Thanks again for the ideas.