PDA

View Full Version : OT: How do you get a tea stain out?

heidi_timms
11-25-2003, 05:30 PM
Help!

We went out to breakfast on Sunday and I spilled hot tea on my light pink velour sweatjacket. I am so bummed! I treated it right when I got home with Zout and Oxiclean, but it had already set in. I have put it through the wash two times, but no dryer. I am going to lay it out in the sun to see if that helps. It was a strong, dark, tea from Hobees restaurant. Not sure if anyone is familar with their tea.

Any other ideas on how to get the stain out?

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

Momof3Labs
11-25-2003, 05:39 PM
OxyClean should still work - did you soak it in a bucket overnight with OxyClean? I think that OC recommends hot water, too, so that the powder dissolves properly.

jd11365
11-25-2003, 05:42 PM
Oooh...when I saw the title of the post I was going to suggest Zout...but now I see that's already been done. Perhaps taking it to the dry cleaner if it's something worth spending the few bucks on. (Or you could spill the rest of the tea on it to make a match! ;-) ) ...Sorry, I know...not funny when stuff like this happens...I really do hope you get it out!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

heidi_timms
11-25-2003, 05:43 PM
I actually dissolved some in hot water and then dabbed on with a towel. I will try the bucket as well. I'll try anything since I also have the matching sweatpants and would hate to ruin the whole outfit!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

Sandy
11-25-2003, 11:37 PM
When Oxiclean and zout don't work I resort to Gonzo. I have put it on some of Alex's stuff that had been through the washer and dryer a couple of times and it got the stain out. I put it on the spots and treated it overnight and then washed it. Just like magic it was gone.
HTH,
Sandy mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02

heidi_timms
11-26-2003, 02:46 PM
Sandy,

Where can you buy Gonzo? Target maybe? I've never seen it. Also, does Gonzo leave marks like a bleach? Is it color safe?

Thank you so much!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

Sandy
11-26-2003, 08:04 PM
Heidi,
My mother in law gets it from me. I'm not sure where it is available. The last time she picked it up for me I think it was from Restoration Hardware. It doesn't leave any marks and is color safe. It even took bright blue oil paint out of my berber rug. Amazing stuff. It is also not toxic and enviromentally friendly.

Here is their website. I am using the GONZO stain remover.

http://www.gonzocorp.com/homeprod.htm

Sandy mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02