PDA

View Full Version : Need a baptism gift idea, stat. Please help!!!

McQ
11-25-2003, 08:53 PM
I have a baptism to go to this weekend for twin girls and I need a gift idea. What's appropriate? This family already has everything, doesn't need anything and I remember once the mother dissing the idea of saving bonds as a gift for a child. I need help!

I'd like to go get something tomorrow as I really do not want to be out shopping this weekend. Suggestions pleeaassee.

TIA!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

Jen in Chicago
11-25-2003, 08:57 PM
What about some nice Christian books or crosses for their bedroom wall(s). There are other threads with ideas that may help you.

MelissaTC
11-25-2003, 09:02 PM
Precious Moments figurines
Crib Medals
Crosses
Silver frames
Precious Moments Bibles
Lennox Noah's Ark pieces
Gift card
Personalized embroderied blankets (Baptism/Christening theme)
Something to keep their handprint or footprint
Keepsake box

Hmm...these are some of the items we received...LOL.

McQ
11-25-2003, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the quick and most excellent response! I can do this. But where would I find these items? Obviously I'm new to this. Thanks much!

Allison

MelissaTC
11-25-2003, 10:16 PM
Precious Moments crosses, figurines, Christening/Baptism frames - Hallmark

Lennox pieces- dept. store or Lennox outlet

Embrodiered blankets, silver personalized frames- mall, Things Remembered

crib medals - Christian Book store, Catholic store

Precious Moments Bibles - Wal-Mart

hand print items - gift shops, craft stores, speciality toy store

Hmmm...let me know if I missed anything...

Jen in Chicago
11-26-2003, 10:49 AM
I could not write much last night since Jude woke up. Here are a few more ideas...
Prayer Bear/Animals- Walmart, BRU, Right Start
Fisher-Price Noah's Ark toy

Books....
Goodnight God
Designed by God therefore I am special
Spirtual Alphabet
or any children's prayer books or a family bible
Jude recieved a Catholic Children's Bible that he beautiful
There are many great books out there you could pick up. I can't remember all we have right now. The favorites we read I listed.

Jude received a great soft creche that was handmade that is adorable! He also got a soft ark with animals. They are both great quiet church toys that will entertain him during mass. He also received a nice Ark piggy bank. I have no idea where these were purchased. He also received the Curious Angel Lladro, but I don't think you want to buy 2 of those! I love the idea of "church toys" since you need some quiet things to entertain the children during church.

We have ordered the "The Lords Prayer" print from this place and they make great things and can deliver fast http://thomashanlon.com/ We have one up on our living room wall.

That taps out my ideas. Good luck!

McQ
11-26-2003, 10:56 AM
Thanks to you both. These are some great and special ideas! I'm heading out to B&N when Declan wakes up to get the Satter nutrition book that everyone here has reccomended. So I'll check out your book suggestions then go from there. Thanks so much!!!

Allison