PDA

View Full Version : wrong forum, but I was hoping for a quick response...

deborah_r
11-25-2003, 09:33 PM
I am home w/out a car, and I am in the middle of DS's 4 days of a new food (peas). I don;t have any more jars of baby food peas. I have some frozen ones, but it says they have salt, and the canned ones have sugar and salt. I was wondering what people used when they made their own peas?

Thanks

nohomama
11-25-2003, 09:58 PM
I used both organic and conventional frozen peas that didn't have any salt. I was able to get either kind at my regular grocery store or at Whole Foods. Peas weren't a big hit in our household. Ultimately whether I used organic or not or whether I cooked them with butter or not didn't matter. Lola rejected them no matter what I did.

McQ
11-25-2003, 10:01 PM
Can't help you with the making homemade peas part but was thinking you could go back to one of the veggies he tried before the peas. That won't mess up the 4 day stint.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

deborah_r
11-25-2003, 10:08 PM
This was his first veggie. I guess I will do cereal again for today and tomorrow and start a new food on Thursday. I should not introduce a new food until 4 days after the last new food, right? I'm assuming that is because it could take that long for an allergy to develop?

This grocery strike is driving me crazy. I could have walked down the street earlier today to get some for him, but I don't relish the idea of crossing the picket lines. And it seems to be getting a little more intense and I don't want to have to deal with any confict while I have the baby with me.

jd11365
11-25-2003, 10:30 PM
Personally, I would move on to something else if you have it...even if the 4 day rule isn't finished with the peas. But, that's JMHO.

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

s7714
11-25-2003, 10:35 PM
I'm SO with you on the grocery store strike...it's driving me bonkers too. Don't know if you have a Sav-ons nearby, but I realized the other day that they actually have baby food cheaper there than in the grocery stores (like 10-20ยข per jar cheaper!)

As for the peas, I'm sure it's too late to help, but I just wanted to mention that by washing off the frozen peas in warm water, most of the salt would get washed off.

Jennifer

Annalia 03/03/03

deborah_r
11-25-2003, 10:52 PM
Ooh, good to know. We have a brand new save on about 4 blocks away! Thanks!!