PDA

View Full Version : Noooooooooo!! We're all sick

jojo2324
11-27-2003, 12:25 PM
We had plans to spend the day with my mother and her husband's family in NYC. Last night DH told me he was starting to feel a little crappy, and then I woke up with it this morning. Bummer. And Gannon's been battling something for the past few days. So, we cancelled at 7 am, ran to the store and got the last defrosted turkey they had on their shelves, along with stuffing and brussel sprouts and cranberry sauce. We're going to have loads of leftovers...It's actually kind of nice, as we're all mucking around in our pjs and have NOTHING to do other than eat. But I still wish we could have continued with our plans.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!! :)

nohomama
11-27-2003, 01:04 PM
Oh Joanne! Being sick on Thanksgiving just bites. I'm so sorry that your states of health prevented you from spending the day as you'd planned but glad to hear that you're not so sick that you won't be able to feed yourselves in style. Enjoy your turkey and trimmings. And honey, leftovers are part of what Thankgiving is all about. You slave over the stove on Thursday but don't need to cook again until Monday.

MelissaTC
11-27-2003, 01:41 PM
I'm sorry you are all sick :( Bummer.

At least you were able to find a turkey, etc.. Enjoy your laid back day and get better soon!

Rachels
11-27-2003, 02:42 PM
Oh, rats. Sorry, sweetie. Hope you all feel better soon!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

newbelly2002
11-27-2003, 03:28 PM
Never fails, does it? That's a shame. Sounds like it's the will of the fates if you were able to get a turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and still have an appetite!

If you makes you feel any better, I couldn't find half of the stuff you just mentioned--and that's with a number of days notice. And the leftovers will carry you over if you're sick over the weekend.

Bummer about the bug, but have a happy day nonetheless!

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/1/02

deborah_r
11-27-2003, 06:30 PM
So sorry you are all sick! If it's any consolation, our day is about as exciting as what you described except we are not sick. No family around, so DH just cooks for the 2 of us every Thanksgiving. We've tried going over other people's houses in the past, but DH always hates their food and he'd rather treat it as a relaxing day off where he can watch movies and hang around in his boxers all day after he cooks! He baked me a pumpkin pie even though he hates it, and he made turkey, stuffing, potatoes, corn, green bean casserole, squash, gravy and a blueberry pie! I could never cook a meal like he does, so I am so grateful and amazed at his abilities.

Hope you all are feeling better, and hope you are able to enjoy the day at least a little!

jojo2324
11-27-2003, 09:56 PM
I am feeling MUCH better now. I almost have to wonder what all the fuss was about...I woke up with a scratchy throat and stuffy nose, but I have a feeling that's more in step with the dry heat in our home than my boys being ill. DH was such a trooper and went right to work making dinner...I was left to my own devices, and that means you could catch me either napping or mashing something all day long. In my pjs. (Hey, no need to put on for appearances...When in Rome...:))

Food was so good, and we have massive amounts left over. But my belly won't accommodate, with Little Miss residing there. Gannon was really good, and apparently has quite a thing for stuffing, as well as cranberry sauce. He would hold out his hand and ask, "Nnnn-bow-dee-wa? NNNNNNNN-bow-dee-WA?" So, another glop o' the sauce would land on his tray. I figured it couldn't be too bad...It's fruit, right? :P

I spent much of my time transfixed by a PBS program called Frontier House they were running all day...Fascinating! Three families went to live in Montana as if it was 1883 and everything they did had to be authentic to the time. Really cool. I told DH I would totally be into that, but then thought better of it when I saw how easy it is make a huge meal these days.

We might still head to NYC early morning, because my mother is really bumming that she didn't get to see him. Either way, I'm starting to scope out the websites and compile lists of gift items for the holidays. I hope everybody had a great day, with full tummies to show for it! :)

MelissaTC
11-27-2003, 10:30 PM
Glad to hear you are feeling better.

I was SO addicted to Frontier House! I think I was pregnant when it was on. It is really fascinating but Lord knows I am not meant to be on the frontier! LOL...I need my hair dryer! I loved watching the family from CA that cheated and whined about everything. They made me laugh...

brigmaman
11-28-2003, 09:09 AM
Just getting on after the holiday...Sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip to the city. Hopefully you will be able to see your mom today. Since you have asked, Tracy's sister Kelley had a girl yesterday evening! Reilly Anne, 9 lbs. 5 oz.!:o She is so beautiful, and has already started sucking her thumb. Whoo-hoo! Off to shop for girly clothes today!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend! Hopefully we will see you Tuesday!

deborah_r
11-28-2003, 01:14 PM
No Joanne, don't go to Frontier House - you won't have a computer w/ internet access!!! :)

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-28-2003, 03:31 PM
So glad you are feeling better and wish I was a fly on the wall to see cutie patootie Gannon asking for more cranberry sauce -too cute:)

Even though your plans shifted a bit it sounds like you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties