PDA

View Full Version : BREAD group, report!!

jojo2324
11-28-2003, 09:43 PM
Soooo, an overwhelming number of you have just JUMPED into the conversation, I almost can't handle it!

LOL, just kidding. So, maybe this book wasn't the best choice. I really enjoyed it. There's been a request that we move on, but I was hoping to have more than 3 people (myself included) contribute to the discussion. Any takers? Head on over to the yahoo group and chime in!

Also, we need to figure out the next book. So far, my suggestion for reading Cosmo every month hasn't gotten much support, but I'm all for it!! :)

barbarhow
11-28-2003, 09:59 PM
So whats the yahoo group?
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

jojo2324
11-28-2003, 10:36 PM
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bbbbread/

MartiesMom2B
11-28-2003, 10:55 PM
We need a fluff book like the Devil Wears Prada. Is there a fluff Holiday type book?

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

deborah_r
11-28-2003, 11:56 PM
Sorry, Joanne - I AM reading it but it's oing VERY slowly - just lack of time, not lack of interest!

So far I find it very interesting...

ethansmom
11-29-2003, 07:27 PM
Holidays On Ice by David Sedaris is histarical! The pic on the front cover is of some alcoholic beverage on the rocks... :-)

jojo2324
11-29-2003, 08:15 PM
YES!!! I have not read it, but my hubby and his best friend talk about it all the time.

lizajane
11-29-2003, 08:29 PM
david sedaris' brother was in sonia and my birthing class. i didn't notice, because i loathe david sedaris' work. i admit i only read one thing, me talk pretty one day, but i thought it was hideous. not offensive, just bad. poor. boring. i did, however, RATHER enjoy the fact that THE rooster himself was right there in my birthing class with his very pregnant wife.

so i am interested in particpating, once i stop watching this extra child in three weeks. but i will not be purchasing anything by mr sedaris. but i look forward to jumping in next time!!

MelissaTC
11-29-2003, 09:03 PM
I'm sorry...I didn't get far. I am all for a "fluff" book for this next time around...I need something that doesn't make me think too much...LOL.

As a suggestion: The Accidental Virgin by Valerie Frankel. My sister recently read it and thought it was funny. She really liked it. It is a paperback and I have seen it at Target. It is also discounted at Amazon. Just a thought...

MartiesMom2B
11-30-2003, 11:53 AM
This is a great book. He's from Raleigh and his brother, a.k.a. The Rooster, and his wife were in our birthing class. I think this book would be great. This includes the Santaland Diaries too right?

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

emmiem
11-30-2003, 12:06 PM
A great book for mothers would be The Lost Daughters of China by Karin Evans. It is about adoption from China and the search for one's past. It is wonderful. Sad at times but totally uplifting. Makes you appreciate your children and your parents.
Emmie