PDA

View Full Version : Needed Crockpot Recipes - 2 included.

Jen in Chicago
12-01-2003, 09:57 AM
What are your tried and true recipes? I prefer "Healthy Choices" since I am trying to shed the deflated spare tire around my waist post-baby. Here are the two I have now overused:

Italian Chicken
6 Chicken Breasts
1 Can Chicken Broth
2 packages Good Seasons Italian Dressing mix
2 or so cups cut up peppers

Put the breasts, broth and seasoning in the crockpot on low for the day. One hour before serving shread the chicken with 2 forks and add peppers. Serve on tortillas or buns. Can top with cheese if you want.

BBQ Pork
Pork Tenderloin
Bottle of BBQ Sauce
Cook pork by itself (no liquid needed) for the day on low. One hour before serving drain fat, shread and add BBQ sauce. Serve on buns. We normally top the sandwiches with slaw.

Both of these I put in around 7am and don't touch again until 6 or 7 pm. Sorry I can't give exact times. I admit I am not good at exact things when it comes to cooking.

MelissaTC
12-01-2003, 11:31 AM
Here are some of my favorite roast receipes. I love roast in the crock pot!!

Fiesta Pot Roast

your favorite kind of roast
2 cans of Rotel or other tomatoes with chiles
salt and pepper, to taste

Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5 hours. The meat should shread. We eat this over spinach linguine or whole wheat pasta.

Italian Pot Roast - Makes great sandwiches!

chuck roast
1 can of beef consume
1 package of beef au jus
1 package of dry Italian dressing

Put roast in. Mix all the ingredients and pour over the roast. Cook for at least 10 hours. Shred beef. Put in sandwiches with or without juice. We usually put a few slices of mozarella cheese and toast them in the oven. I dip mine in the juice. DH does not. This is a great dinner!

If you are looking for receipes, check out the slowcooker yahoo group. There are great ideas and in the group files, you will find WW receipes and low carb ideas for the crock pot.