PDA

View Full Version : Holiday photo cards and cute return address labels

mattysmom
12-01-2003, 11:06 AM
What kinds of photo cards does everyone like? I think I want the photo to be printed on the card (rather than slipping in a photo) with the message. I can't decide whether to get a 4x8 card, or a traditional card that opens with the message inside. I also want to get some new return address labels since we just moved. I'm looking to send out between 50-75 cards and don't want to spend a fortune, but want something a little special since it is DS's first christmas!
Thanks!!!

Rachels
12-01-2003, 11:50 AM
I got a traditional card last year and a photo card this year, and I actually liked last year's better. The card is nicer this year, but I miss having one that opens. Shutterfly does both, Ofoto the latter.

As for address labels, check www.americangreetings.com. I love those!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

houseof3boys
12-01-2003, 11:58 AM
Don't know about the cards since I haven't really thought too much about them yet (thanks for the reminder). But, I love these (we have the regular ones too) labels. They are obviously the ones with the Christmas hats.....

http://www.labelcreations.com/Funny_People_&_Moving.htm

mik8
12-01-2003, 11:59 AM
You have 2 options:

A)Go to a studio for your holiday portrait and purchase their photo holiday cards packages (there are a lot going on right now wherein if you buy 30 you get 10 + more free cards at Sears, JC Penney, Target, etc.) Coupons/packages can be found and printed directly from Sears and JC Penney websites. You will have an idea of the background designs and the package offerings including prices before venturing out to the studios for comparative shopping, thus saving you time.

B)Order from an online photo company such as shutterfly.com or ofoto.com just to name a few and compare prices. This works well if you have a good digital camera plus a high-speed connection that you can download photos

I personally chose the 4x8 holiday cards because it's our tradition to send a brief annual holiday letter highlighting the past year's event to family members instead of individually writing notes on each card. With regards to the photo holiday cards, we went with Target (although very hard to schedule) because it offered the best deal with the best price especially the "no sitting fees plus free 8x10 portrait." HTH...

Melanie
12-01-2003, 01:15 PM
Last year we printed our own cards with a photo on them. This year I purchased the cards from Kiddie Kandids b/c I liked the photo they did and it's a lot less work. ;-) It was $30 for 24, so not cheap, but I'm sure if I figured in all the ink & cards I bought last year (and wasted when testing) it's no more than I spent last year. I probably will miss having a little place to write a personal note (these are all colored), so I might slip a note in with some of them.

cchavez
12-01-2003, 05:42 PM
We just got our cards back from Ofoto. The order was just placed on Thursday. They look great. They are big tooo....5x7. We got 80 for under 75.00. (DH found a coupon online somewhere) Oh, and we took our picture here at home....DS is wearing overalls and a Santa hat...not professional but it looks very cute!