PDA

View Full Version : He has a tooth!!

amp
12-01-2003, 11:10 AM
The day after Thanksgiving and one day before he turned 6 mths old, Jacob popped out his first tooth! Okay, so we can just feel the sharp tip of it still, but it's definitely there! And surprisingly, we didn't notice much in the way of extra fussiness. Or maybe he's been teething for so long that it the fussing we do get just seems normal now!

jd11365
12-01-2003, 11:13 AM
Oh Andrea how exciting! Congrats on the first little chomper!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

McQ
12-01-2003, 11:46 AM
Fun news!!! The same thing happened here. Declan was his usual nonfussy self and one night when I put him to sleep he grabbed my finger and put it in his mouth to show me his tooth. That was too easy. The fussiness arrived with tooth number 2 (which he got a week later). Hope that's not the case for you.

Enjoy Jacob's new look!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

deborah_r
12-01-2003, 02:39 PM
Same situation here Andrea! Not that much fussiness, and I felt something sharp in there this morning!!! He has developed this habit of screaming for apparently no reason, but it is certainly not constant. I thought he had just discovered the sound of his voice!

starrynight
12-01-2003, 02:42 PM
Congrats Jacob! :) Alex always teethed like that, he was normal or a bit crabby but not much and than bang a tooth or so would be in. :) I can't say the same for Daria though LOL.

amp
12-01-2003, 02:54 PM
Congrats to Declan and to Kai! They are growing so fast, aren't they?! Let's hope the coming teeth are the same (although I'm not going to get my hopes up too high!)

deborah_r
12-01-2003, 03:55 PM
Just wanted to add that Kai is also obsessed today with rolling his tongue over the new tooth. I hope his tongue doesn't get sore. I can see him doing it right now, in between his screams which are apparently to remind me that he is here (as if I could forget!)

houseof3boys
12-01-2003, 09:02 PM
Andrea that is sooo exciting! I feel Ryan's gums several times a day since he is exhibiting EVERY teething symptom except a darn tooth.

Take lots of pics of the little cutie!

MamaKath
12-01-2003, 10:37 PM
How exciting and absolutely wonderful that he wasn't too troubled by it! Hopefully those to come will remain as unnoticable until they arrive. ;-)

nigele
12-02-2003, 11:28 AM
How exciting! Tom has never been bothered by teething so maybe Jacob will be just as lucky?! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

amp
12-02-2003, 11:37 AM
Lisa, I can only hope! How's Tom doing now that this surgery is behind him a couple of weeks?

khakismom
12-02-2003, 05:32 PM
A tooth and crawling? Jake is super-baby! :) So glad he's doing well! And now you can finally feed him that pizza of yours that he wanted! LOL!

amp
12-02-2003, 05:35 PM
Maureen - He is, indeed, obsessed with pizza and pretty much anything we eat! Rice cereal...No. Oatmeal...No. Fruit....No. Pizza, sandwich, lasagne....YES! The kid is definitely ours!

nigele
12-02-2003, 07:44 PM
Andrea,

Tom is doing incredibly well! This surgery was so much easier than his first surgery, when he had his lens removed. He had a 3 week post-op checkup and the doctor said his eye is perfectly straight and he is using both eyes together. I'm so happy! Thank you for asking about him. How is Jacob? Were you able to find a PO?

amp
12-03-2003, 11:37 AM
Lisa - That is wonderful news! I am so happy that Tom is doing so well! My Jake hasn't had any problems with his eyes, so that must have been another Jacob who needed a PO. If I ever do have this issue, I will definitely seek you out!

nigele
12-03-2003, 12:26 PM
Sorry - Mommy brain at work here!