PDA

View Full Version : Completely OT: Looking for toaster oven recommendations

nohomama
12-01-2003, 01:53 PM
Sorry to clutter-up the Lounge with something so out of left field but I'm in need of some recommendations. Our toaster oven is 8+ years old and though it still functions, I'm ready to replace it. I'd like to find something that's easy to clean (with a pull out crumb tray as opposed to the kind where you have to tilt the oven up and pop the bottom open), preferrably one where the exterior doesn't get hot to the touch when it's in use, and something that's under $100 ($50-$75 is ideal). Other pluses would be a not to large footprint and a nice design. Any ideas?

LucyG
12-01-2003, 02:18 PM
We got a new Black and Decker Toast-R-Oven a few weeks ago. It does have the pull-out crumb tray that you are looking for, but the exterior of the oven does not stay cool when it's in use. Other than that, I'm pleased with it. It was a gift, so I'm not sure how much it was. I'd say it was well under $100, though, since it seems like a pretty basic model. Ours sits on the counter, but it could also be mounted under a high cabinet to free up counter space.

nohomama
12-01-2003, 04:31 PM
Bump.

Really guys, I need help. My head is going to explode with all the options. One of you out there must have a toaster oven you adore...or at least like.

Marisa6826
12-01-2003, 05:32 PM
I know it's more than you want to spend, but we LOVE our DeLonghi Convection/Toaster.

Here's the link

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=10616883&RN=70&xyz=xyz

If you have the 20% off coupon for BB&B, it takes some of the sting out of the price.

I seem to recall that they had similar ones at Costco.

Good luck!!

-m

JustMare
12-01-2003, 05:41 PM
Have to second the DeLonghi Toaster Oven. It's really top quality. We've had ours since our bridal shower almost 5 years ago and it's as new and pretty (chrome) as then.

I have a simple "Alfredo" model. My mom has the "better" model with the light and double rack that Marisa has. At the time, I just wanted which ever one was chrome to match our appliances. I believe back then it was around $80.

My whole family swears by DeLonghi Toaster Ovens :)

Oh, mine doesn't have the crumb tray, but it does stay cool and doesn't take up a lot of space.

http://www.thebuzzelectronics.com/item.asp?item_id=101010&refid=1010

momofboys
12-01-2003, 11:30 PM
I LOVE our Delonghi AlfredoPlus. It has lasted longer than any of our previous toaster ovens. The kidlets use it for grilled cheese almost every day. It has a pullout crumb tray (stainless I think). Do NOT buy a toasteroven without it! The interior is easy to clean continuous clean. Actually the walls barely ever need cleaning. Somehow even the cheesy drips burn off the bumpy surface. It costed between $90 & $110 I think. Spend the extra, its worth it!

bunnisa
12-08-2003, 09:51 AM
Hi Sarah. I know this response is a little late, but we have a Cuisinart convection toaster oven that we LOVE!!! We use it about 10X more than the regular oven. I even do cookies in it, in smaller batches, since the extra effort to do more batches is worth the better result. I bake rolls in it, hors d'oeuvres, french fries, cheese toast, potatoes etc. Definitely spend the extra $$ to get a convection one. Overall we feel it's our best appliance (except for the lifeline that is our coffee maker!).

HTH in your search!

Bethany
It's a Boy!
William Eric (Wilkes)
6/16/03