PDA

View Full Version : What to serve at my play group?

Xariklia
12-01-2003, 07:11 PM
I am having my first play group this friday at noon, and was wondering what you ladies have served as food during these occasions. I need ideas. What does not require a lot of work and is fairly easy?

MelissaTC
12-01-2003, 07:17 PM
Some things that I have served or been served - playgroup for us starts at 10am : (you can make these or buy them from the store)

bagels and cream cheese
muffins
cookies
breads like zucchini or banana nut
finger sandwiches- white bread with cucumber/tomato
you can try that spinach cheese pinwheels that were on here a few days ago
HTH!

egoldber
12-01-2003, 08:13 PM
My playgroup is very low key. We usually just have something for sandwiches (chicken salad, tuna salad, or deli meats), fruit, snack food and beverages. A really ambitious mama might also have banana bread or brownies.

HTH,

flagger
12-01-2003, 09:00 PM
The one I hosted had spinach dip and crackers and lemonade. We get together about 4:15 so it was a light before dinner snack.

August Mom
12-01-2003, 09:53 PM
Well, when we had babies that weren't mobile, we fixed lunch for one another. This was generally soup and/or salad, pasta or sandwiches. Once the babies started moving around, we abandoned food at playgroup all together. So, generally we just offer beverages. Once in awhile, someone will have cookies or candy, but then the kids want some too so we are generally without food. If you want to have something, I would do a quick bread (or bagels) and some fresh fruit for a morning playgroup, deli sandwiches for a lunch and a veggie tray and/or cheese and crackers for an afternoon playgroup.

MamaKath
12-01-2003, 10:07 PM
I have been in a variety of playgroups as we have moved a few times since I had my first child. :-)

Morning ones-
Muffins, Bagels, Cold cereal with Milk/Soymilk, Pretzels, Applesauce, Fruit, Cottage cheese, Yogurts, Juice, Decaf coffee, Tea

Mid-day-
Pasta salads, soups, sandwiches (either already made or fixins for the moms to make), fruit, drinks

Late Afternoon-
Chips and dip, Cheese and crackers, fruit, veggies and dip, drinks

You get the picture I am sure. Pretty low key. Most of the groups I have been in do more of a potluck thing where everyone brings a bunch of stuff instead of one person being in charge. HTH~ Have a good time!