PDA

View Full Version : Would Kegels have helped? :) Warning: GRAPHIC!

COElizabeth
12-01-2003, 10:19 PM
James had his first stomach virus this weekend, and like Joanne I wondered where my maternal instinct was for a while there. Fortunately, he fairly quickly progressed to sickness on the other end, which I can handle a bit better. However, last night, DH got violently ill, and then I was queasy all night. At 5 this morning, I was awakened to James screaming and went in to cope with a particularly nasty diaper blowout.

Well, I had to wrap up very quickly. I was barely able to set James on the floor (still screaming) before dashing to the bathroom and getting sick myself. As we all know, vomiting is a humiliating experience anyway, but what made this extra fun was that I had been too queasy to get up to pee earlier, and let's just say that my full bladder did not make it through this session. So there I was, hurling in the toilet and peeing on the floor, with my 14-month-old son holding on to my legs, standing in my pee, and screaming bloody murder. I finally was able to yell. "HELP," and DH came and got him.

Fortunately, when your day starts like that, you have an excellent chance of things getting at least slightly better!

Elizabeth (cautiously attempting chicken soup)

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02

janeybwild
12-01-2003, 10:25 PM
Oh Elizabeth, I do feel for you. I hope you are both doing better but as you said, it would be hard to get worse. Thanks for the chuckle though, that was great imagery. Glad to hear you can keep your sense of humor. Good luck.

starrynight
12-01-2003, 10:34 PM
*hug* geesh what a start to the day! I hope everyone feels better at your house fast!

twins r fun
12-01-2003, 10:54 PM
OMG-you poor thing. That sounds terrible-I like to be completely alone when I am sick. A 14 month old screaming and holding onto you while you are vomiting and peeing does not sound like a good time! Hoping you are all better SOON!

jd11365
12-01-2003, 11:12 PM
Good Grief! You are my new hero! I do appreciate your sharing...makes us all a little closer don't you think? It's like we've seen each other at our worst...and my image of you right now must definitely be at your worst. ;-) I hope you feel better!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

sweetbasil
12-02-2003, 12:42 AM
I'm so sorry, Elizabeth. I hope this week only gets better for you, and fast!

new_mommy25
12-02-2003, 01:13 AM
LOLOLOL..I'm sorry but the way you described it was so funny, I'm practically tearing.

I wish you, your DH, and your DS a very speedy recovery. :)

Karenn
12-02-2003, 01:19 AM
Oh my! What a picture you painted! LOL! Print this out and save it to remind your self of your dedication to motherhood, and to give yourself a good laugh every now and then! I really hope that your day did get better.

jmofarrill
12-02-2003, 02:23 AM
Oh, Elizabeth, what a horrid, horrid morning! I hope you get to feeling better soon, and maybe James won't be traumatized too much from standing in your pee!

deborah_r
12-02-2003, 02:29 AM
I'm so sorry Elizabeth! Hope you are feeling better, but glad you still have your sense of humor :)

And I think we all have bad experiences like that...just part of life!

Melanie
12-02-2003, 02:51 AM
Oh I'm so sorry! I've experienced both of those situations, thank Goodness not at the same time (I was pregnant when puking & peeing) and just the puking with Ds' last year. It was so terrible.

I'm so sorry...

As for Kegel's, well, they couldn't hurt right? When PG the nurse told me it was b/c the baby would get pushed into my bladder when my stomach was convulsing...but I've heard of people having bladder-issues when laughing or jumping after having kids. I don't see why puking is different.

I am sending you speedy recovery vibes! You should see me whenever someone in the store look slightly ill...I can't head in the opposite direction faster!

AngelaS
12-02-2003, 07:52 AM
Oh Honey! How awful!! (of course, I'm giggling and thinking it's awfully funny too!)

Get well soon!!!!

McQ
12-02-2003, 08:45 AM
Oh my! I'm so sorry that you all are feling so rotten. But I'm sure your day will improve from there. It has to! Thanks for the chuckle.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

nigele
12-02-2003, 11:24 AM
Ah, the joys of motherhood. Sorry you had such a tough time! I hope your family is feeling better soon.

nohomama
12-02-2003, 12:46 PM
Teehee. You are not alone. I've had the same experience. Not exactly the same of course, but I'm familiar with the whole peeing while puking scenario. Amazing how that particular situation sends your self image swirling down the toilet along with everything else.

With you in kegel hell (it can't hurt to strengthen that pelvic floor!),

chrissyhowie
12-02-2003, 02:11 PM
Oh, Elizabeth! Yikes! There are certain situations that even the most herculean of pelvic floors cannot withstand ;)!

Warm wishes being sent your way that everyone starts to recover soon!

Rachels
12-02-2003, 04:23 PM
Oh no!!!!! I'm giggling and also just about to cry for you. You poor thing. My water broke while I was throwing up in labor, and I thought I had wet my pants. (Did I mention that I was standing right outside the main entrance of a hospital at which I was NOT going to deliver?!) It was not my favorite moment ever. My husband was doing a good job of trying to be courageous in the face of his pants-wetting wife, but my doula took one look at the flood and said, "Uh, no. Your little pregnant bladder does not hold that much liquid." Then she helped me take off my wet pants (still in the main parking lot) so that I could go home to labor some more. Sigh. The humiliation that comes with motherhood! Hope you feel better, sweetie!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Annette_C
12-02-2003, 10:46 PM
Oh Elizabeth! I hear you, hon! After Sabrina ripped me apart at birth, things haven't been the same!:) I never had that problem before but, this time around, I can feel the difference!.
Maybe we should form a Kegels Club?!?:))
I hope you all feel better soon!
Hugs,
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

pritchettzoo
12-02-2003, 11:25 PM
Oh wow. What a day. I hope you guys are feeling better!

While pregnant with DD, I peed all over myself as I puked on an airplane. That was one of the highlights of the pregnancy...

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)