PDA

View Full Version : why is everyone so sick?

stillplayswithbarbies
12-01-2003, 11:27 PM
It seems like people that I know all over the country are sick, and it all started over the holiday. Most people think it is food poisoning, but then others in the family get it too.

My son got sick Friday night, throwing up etc., and then 12 hours later I got it too. It lasts about 24 hours and then if you start to eat rice and applesauce and toast, and drink water, you feel better. My husband got it on the way home. On the Jersey Turnpike, what fun that was.

Fortunately, Logan didn't get it, thanks to the magical power of breastmilk I am sure.

What is going on all around the country that so many of us have this at once?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

jmofarrill
12-02-2003, 02:21 AM
Yeah, a lot of us were sick - it was a little weird. Mine started before Thanksgiving, though, and it wasn't the flu.

I'm sorry your ds and dh both got sick - I also believe Anwyn didn't get ill because the "magical power of breastmilk!" LOL

luvbeinmama
12-02-2003, 03:48 AM
Wow, yeah, I've got a household of sick people, too. Fortunately, I've escaped so far, but sheesh!

himom
12-02-2003, 04:19 AM
DH and I were sick on Friday too. Ours was mostly dizziness, nausea, upset stomach, and headache. I thought it was food poisoning since we got to my in-laws late and they had left all the food out for two hours then heated it up when we got there. (I found out after we ate)

Thank goodness Josh was fine.

Salmonella in a batch of turkeys, maybe? Did anyone break the "stuffing in the turkey" rule?

Jodi

alleyoop
12-02-2003, 10:55 AM
We had two people get it here! I thought it was food poisoning, too, from our local Market Cafe. That is strange...

nigele
12-02-2003, 11:14 AM
Tom and I were sick as well. Not fun! It was probably a bug that people carried around the country as they travelled for Thanksgiving.