PDA

View Full Version : Baby-friendly beach vacation?

puglucy
12-02-2003, 04:13 PM
Am looking, at the very last minute as always, for a beach escape place that maybe has some amenities for babies/families. Like Mexico, Virgin Islands, something like that.

How do you check out babysitting services at hotels/resorts? What else and/or where else should I think about?

many thanks!

Lucy
mama to Alex 3/18/03

khakismom
12-02-2003, 05:26 PM
The Beaches resorts cater to families (they're from the same line as the Sandals resorts). Or you could try a Disney cruise--I hear they are wonderful. Good luck--and wherever you go I'm sure you'll have a great time! :)

deenass
12-02-2003, 05:35 PM
Having just returned from a 4 day Disney cruise with my 8 month old and 5 nieces and nephews I would HIGHLY recommend it! They have babysitting (in a group setting) for babies over 12 weeks. There are plenty of "adult only" places (pool, special beach on Disney's private island, dining room) so if you want some time to yourself you can have it and the staff is used to dealing with kids (high chairs are everywhere, they have clean cribs, bedrails, etc). The shows are even simulcast on tv so if you turn in early you don't miss all the nightlife! Of course, it helps if you love all things Disney, but even if you just liek cruiisng, I would highly recomend it.