PDA

View Full Version : Can yoiu believe what I did?

jec2
12-03-2003, 05:31 PM
I forgot DS's birthday! While out today another mommy asked when DS was born and I totally forgot. Nothing sounded right so in the end I said it is either Oct. 16th or 18th. What a dummy she must have thought I was except she had a 5 week old and I think empathized!

deborah_r
12-03-2003, 05:34 PM
Don't worry about it too much! At this point you probably still have your due date in your head too, somewhere! I hold my breath everytime someone asks me when DS was born, because I immediately draw a blank and then it comes to me. But I'm so afraid one of these times it won't come to me...I blame it on Mommy-brain, but really sometimes I can't remember how old I am when people ask! I know my birthdate, but have to think about how old I am!

amp
12-03-2003, 06:15 PM
Don't sweat it! I always have to pause before answering as I scan my brain for the correct info. One of these days I'm going to sputter the wrong date too!

bluej
12-03-2003, 06:26 PM
I'm not a total ditz, honestly, however, Caden is five and I still have a hard time w/ his birthday! He was due in April, but arrived in March and that has just totally thrown me for a loop. I get the other two right b/c they were born in the month they were due and arrived w/in a day of their due dates. Okay, there is another reason I remember Ryden's vividly but it's mean - I vowed NOT to have him on DH grandma's birthday. Boy was it close!

em_jon98
12-03-2003, 07:56 PM
Lindsey was born exactly one week before our wedding anniversary, and I sometimes have a "brain fart" and confuse the dates.

houseof3boys
12-03-2003, 09:01 PM
That's alright. I told someone Ryan's birthday was one day before it actually was last week, realized it 2 or 3 minutes later but there was NOOOOO way I was going to correct myself! :P

cdlamis
12-03-2003, 09:10 PM
What you did is much better than what I thought you did! When I read your first line, I actually thought you forgot that it was his birthday on his actual birthday! That would be bad! :)

As a mom/wife, there are just too many dates to remember!

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32dc745c42b

jojo2324
12-03-2003, 09:59 PM
We got married after Gannon was born, but our wedding anniversary is the day after his due date, so I am constantly confusing them.

But I'm sure we've all done the, "Baby's na-! Cat's na-! DH's na-! Dog's na-!" until you finally hit the name you really want to yell...That is the worst! DH laughs at me like crazy. :)

starrynight
12-04-2003, 12:42 AM
I have almost done that with Eliza, she was due in October but was born in September so for a second it confuses me!

Also with Alex I occassionly have to think because his birthday is 3 days after our wedding anniversary and his due date was one day vefore it so all those dates close together toss me for a loop LOL.

Your not the only one!

deborah_r
12-04-2003, 01:16 AM
Yes, I thought my name was "Timmy-David-Sharon-Christopher-Brian-Debbie" when I was growing up! :)

Youngest of 6 here.

newbelly2002
12-04-2003, 04:15 AM
I thought the same thing!

And, actually, since turning 26 a number of years ago, my OWN Mom has forgotten my birthday more than she has remembered it. She told me that it's "a hard day to remember." A little hard to stomach considering she was induced and chose the date out of a possible 7 choices (Dec 30, for tax reasons, she told me!)
Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/1/02

McQ
12-04-2003, 08:42 AM
Don't beat yourself up about this. Declan's birthday (24th) is one day after my mothers (23rd). My water broke on the 23rd and I remembering thinking how neat it would be if he was born on her brithday. So I'm always taking a pause before I answer the 24th.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

jojo2324
12-04-2003, 12:35 PM
LOL, see, I've been doing it for years already. When you're the oldest of five, with two cats and a dog, it just happens I guess. :)