PDA

View Full Version : Way OT: Has anyone tried or used Child perfume oil?

Kate888
12-03-2003, 07:57 PM
Sorry this is a very OT question...I've been a perfume lover before the baby, but stopped wearing any because my nose became very sensitive during and after pregnancy. Now my nose seems to be less sensitive and I'm interested in finding a new fragrance :)

Has anyone tried or used Child perfume oil? http://www.beautyhabit.com/childperfume.html
I read about this fragrance in magazines, but it's not available locally, so I'm wondering if anyone here has experienced it? How do you like it? What does it smell like?

Thank you so much for your help!! :)

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

newbelly2002
12-04-2003, 04:36 AM
Sorry can't help--sounds nice though.

Perfume must be in the air. DH came home yesterday with a small bottle of Be 21 a new fragrance "because sisters suck" (I've been fighting with my only sis of late). I usually love Calvin Klein "Contradicitions" but this one is winning me over (as is DH!) as a new favorite.

What does "child" smell like, do you know?
Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/1/02

Kate888
12-04-2003, 11:33 AM
I have no idea what it smells like :) The only thing I know is that it's made of 2 exotic flowers (comparing to sometimes 200 different ingredients in some perfume). I like simple scents. Fred Segal (?spelling) in CA carries it. It's nice that your DH gave you a new fragrance :) When I asked DH what fragrance he likes, his only comment was "as long as it's not too strong" LOL! He won't even go to Sephora with me, because the smell makes him dizzy.

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

rorycam
12-05-2003, 06:46 AM
I have Child and I love it, but DH really dislikes it and says it is too strong and gives him a headache. It is a tropical floral that is extremely strong, pikake/jasmine/gardenia smell, very sweet, and I think it is something you either really love or really hate. I think beautyhabit sells samples, and you could try that first to see if you are in the love or hate camp. The scent actually reminds me of a jasmine-scented Avon bookmark I had in elementary school that was very strong and permeated every book I owned, so it is also sort of a comforting scent to me for that (admittedly weird) reason.

If your DH gets dizzy in Sephora, he may be like my DH and not like the Child because it definitely is very strong and heady. However, my DH loves me to wear Poison, and I cannot think of a perfume any stronger than Poison, so he may just be weird:) If he is in the room when I actually spray on any perfume, he starts to cough and sputter and clutch at his throat and say he is choking, so it is probably a good thing we live nowhere near a Sephora!

Rory

Kate888
12-05-2003, 11:02 AM
Wow! Can't believe I actually found a Child user :D Thank you very much for replying, Rory! Your description gave me a pretty good idea of what the fragrance is like. I love jasmin (have two plants at home) and gardenia, but usually fall for light, clean scent. Umm...maybe I should get a sample from the website you suggested first. Have you had any comments from people when you wear it? Thanks a lot!!

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

Marisa6826
12-05-2003, 11:50 AM
Kate

Have you tried Prescriptives Calyx? That's nice light and clean.

I'm personally a Coco Chanel girl, but Calyx is really nice.

-m

Sandy
12-05-2003, 12:51 PM
Kate,
I second the Calyx suggestion. I love it and it is not too strong but has a really clean fresh scent. Also my best friend loves the fragrance Kai. It's a blend of Gardenia, Tuberose and other white exotics.

HTH,
Sandy mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02

parkersmama
12-05-2003, 05:34 PM
I really like Calyx, too. Also, I like a lot of the fragrances by Trish McEvoy (no website that i've found carries them, though). Particularly I like No.9 (Blackberry Musk) and No.4 (Gardenia Musk) for winter and No.8 (Citrus Petals) for summer. All of these are light and clean, I just think the musk ones are slightly heavier for winter. I also saw a new fragrance called "Clean" that is available from Sephora. It smelled nice and light to me and I'm pretty darn picky! LOL!

Kate888
12-05-2003, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the great suggestions, ladies :) Thinking about all the new fragrances cheered me up (DH and Maya both had viral infections this week, yikes)! I did try Clean at Sephora and like it a lot! It smells like my favorite body lotion from Fresh. I'll definately check out everything you suggested next time I'm at the mall (hopefully soon). My old time favorites are Chanel No.19, Bvlgari (the green tea one), Grace (by Philosophy) and anything light, sweet and fresh. The Lemon and Sage body butter from the Bliss Spa also smells yummy!!

Hope DH is feeling well tomorrow, so I can sneak out in the afternoon ;)

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

houseof3boys
12-06-2003, 12:16 PM
I'm another Calyx fan as well as Prescriptives Flirt. Hate the name but I have been wearing it for 5 years and before that I wore Calyx. I had a hard time finding it in the stores last time I ran out so I ended up buying it online from one of the perfume websites.