PDA

View Full Version : An amusing flu vaccine story

egoldber
12-03-2003, 08:28 PM
So after much internal debate I decided to get Sarah the flu vaccine after all. No great desire for public health benefits or to spare my child pain, it was purely selfish reasons. Since DH and I are TTC, I had a sudden flash of myself in February, prostrate on the sofa with morning sickness, starting to come down with flu myself, with a sick, clingy toddler and DH basking away in some exotic (at least to me) Hilton across the country. So I immediately called the ped's office and made an appointment!

So we go in, and the nurse gives Sarah the vaccine. One thing I love about my ped's office is that the nurses give FANTASTIC shots. Wham bam, and they're over before your child even has a chance to know it happened. So Sarah was sitting there with quivering lip trying to decide whether or not to cry about something that didn't even hurt any more, when the nurse asked her if she wanted a band-aid for her boo-boo. Immediately Sarah's face lit up with joy and she exclaimed "Boo-boo!" And pointed to her arm.

She talked about her boo-boo all afternoon. She told everyone as we were leaving the ped's office "Boo-boo! I boo-boo! Sarah boo-boo!" She told everyone in the grocery store afterwards. And the people at Zany Brainy! "I boo-boo! Sarah boo-boo!" All the while pointing happily towards her arm.

The things that amuse a toddler...

nigele
12-03-2003, 08:43 PM
She's too cute!

jojo2324
12-03-2003, 08:44 PM
LOL, what a great "glass half full" story! What a sweetie! :)

houseof3boys
12-03-2003, 08:58 PM
That is so cute! :)

stillplayswithbarbies
12-04-2003, 12:07 AM
oh how sweet. :) Sarah is just too adorable for words.

Jake used to ask for "bam-daids" for every little bump. Sometimes I think he would fall down on purpose just to get some bam-daids for his knee.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

starrynight
12-04-2003, 12:28 AM
How cute!! I'm cracking up at your purely selfish reasons.

Daria walks around sayimg "boo-boo" also.

MartiesMom2B
12-04-2003, 07:22 AM
Beth:

Too cute. Martie's already received her vaccine, but I would have her get the vaccine for the same exact reason if I were TTC. I had such horrible morning sickness with her I can't imagine how I'll function when/if I get pregnant again.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03