PDA

View Full Version : My baby is potty-trained!

khakismom
12-04-2003, 12:28 PM
This post probably belongs over in the Toddler Boards, but I am too excited! For months she would occasionally say "I have to go potty" and we would put her there (all while wearing her dipes). But a few weeks ago, she woke up from her nap after her daddy took her to the park and pooped on the potty (she had only done this 2 other times)!! I thought OK, let's put some panties on and no more dipes. She was so excited! :) We put her on the pot every 30 minutes and she didn't seem to mind. She's had a few accidents at school--mainly them letting her get off the potty too soon before she poops. But hasn't had any more for 2 weeks now!! She still wears her nitetime dipe and one at naptime, but I think the naptime one may be goon soon, because when she wakes up most of the time the dipe is dry.

I cannot get over my big girl! :) She even went potty all by herself twice this past weekend--walked into the bathroom, dropped trou, climbed on the potty, went, wiped, flushed, and washed her hands! We heard all of it in the kitchen with DH and I just staring at each other in amazement of her!!

I can't believe that my baby is such a big girl! What's next? Lipstick and nail polish? LOL :)

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-04-2003, 01:06 PM
Maureen congrats!!!!

Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

amp
12-04-2003, 03:51 PM
Oh my goodness, Maureen - Kathleen is such a big girl now! I am so happy for you and I know you must be so proud! And you're right, she's going to be wanting makeup and girly stuff too soon. And after that....the dreaded boys! YIKES! Don't think that far ahead. Just enjoy this moment and this milestone. Tell Kathleen she is just too cool!

sweetbasil
12-04-2003, 04:10 PM
Maureen,
I'm so happy for you all, but soooo jealous! LOL! We've been working on it with DS for months now, and he's just not ready. He's even said as much :( Oh, well. Probably as soon as we don't care anymore, he'll be ready- isn't that always the way! Anyway, congratulations!

toomanystrollers
12-04-2003, 08:54 PM
Woohoo - way to go :) DS here is just showing some interest in the potty - he likes to flush.

heidi_timms
12-04-2003, 09:03 PM
Congrats! Although it's a long time away for us, I can't wait for that day:)
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

starrynight
12-04-2003, 09:07 PM
Woohooo!! Congrats Maureen, what a big girl Kathleen is now :).

jojo2324
12-04-2003, 11:40 PM
Congrats Maureen!

momathome
12-05-2003, 09:36 AM
So, Maureen, can you potty train Kasey for me??? I am jealous!!! Congrats to your big girl Kathleen - perhaps she could give Kasey some pointers for me! Kasey will be 3 in February and I still feel like we are no where close. She'll go sometimes, usually at inconvenient places like Liza's dance school. We pretty much have to pay her to go at home. Oh, well, maybe by Kindergarten...
-Lauren