PDA

View Full Version : So, what do you have to hide from the IL's?

bluej
12-04-2003, 07:39 PM
Just got a call from DH. His parents are coming tonight and he was reminding me to hide our Rush Limbaugh newsletter/magazines. Yep, that's right, Rush Limbaugh is our dirty little secret we keep from his parents. Btw, my MIL invited a Bishop to our house for coffee tomorrow. I suspect she's on to our conservative Republican ways and wants our house exorcised.

C99
12-04-2003, 10:39 PM
I hadn't thought about it, but I suppose that I will have to put away the $13 cheapie portable chair that we use for Nate and use the nicely made (but completely impractical) wooden highchair that her father bought for us.

jubilee
12-05-2003, 12:19 AM
It's not so much what I have to hide, but what I have to put on display! My mom sends me doilies and stuff that is not my taste, but when she visits I have to put it all out.

flagger
12-05-2003, 12:20 AM
I have to hide my album covers and seeds...

phirey
12-05-2003, 12:44 AM
I have a nice collection of dust bunnies. I usually have to hide that large pile of unopened mail and dirty laundry, too...

McQ
12-05-2003, 02:29 PM
Credit card/pay statements, receipts, mail etc... My mom will pick up anything, read it and whip out a smart comment. She's even done this with notes people have mailed me that I've left out. Argh!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03