PDA

View Full Version : Very Very Sweet DH

SeanaRain
12-05-2003, 05:27 AM
Tonight my DH gave me one the sweetest surprises I've ever received.

Lately he had been spouting off pregnancy information that I really didn't think he should know. He's always tried to be well informed about pregnancy and birth, but this went beyond that. It was quite odd. I let it go for a while, but then tonight I'd had enough. I pretty much forced him to tell me where he had been getting all his new-found knowledge.

Here's the kicker....

Come to find out he has been studying. He has been reading books so that he can become a certified Labor Support Professional through DONA (Doulas of North America). He is even going to a training seminar in January. He won't be a certified Doula because he won't be able to meet a few of the requirements, but he will be a Labor Support Professional.

And to think he is doing it for me and the baby. He's already taken over all the housework and cleaning. (He told me that he couldn't carry the baby, but he could make it easier for me to.) He wants to be a very hands-on and supportive husband/daddy and he thinks that this is the best way for him to do so.

He has made me so happy, and almost overwhelmed me. I just had to share

newbelly2002
12-05-2003, 06:34 AM
How amazing!! He sounds fantastic, supportive and what a great gift.

Enjoy the rest of your with pregnancy with your new partner-in- crime!

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/1/02

jojo2324
12-05-2003, 08:53 AM
Aleyna, how wonderful!! How sweet! You are a very lucky lady (and your baby is too). :)

cinrein
12-05-2003, 08:55 AM
Oh my goodness! That is one of the nicest things a DH could do for his wife! Congratulations to both of you on your upcoming arrival!

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

mik8
12-05-2003, 09:02 AM
What a sweetheart! I have to drag my DH to go to the Birth and Beyond and Lamaze classes. Congrats!

barbarhow
12-05-2003, 09:42 AM
Wow! You are a lucky Mama. What a beautiful example he is setting in the raising of children.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

MelissaTC
12-05-2003, 10:06 AM
That is AWESOME! You should rent him out ;) I am sure a lot of ladies would take you up on it...LOL. Seriously speaking, it is wonderful that he is being so proactive. A lot of men tend to coast on by...

todzwife
12-05-2003, 11:28 AM
All I can say is WOW! You are very lucky!!!

amp
12-05-2003, 11:29 AM
You are a very lucky gal! Hmmm...I wonder if we can clone him?! Enjoy!

Marisa6826
12-05-2003, 11:47 AM
How COOL is that?!!!

Congrats on such a wonderful find!!!

-m

deborah_r
12-05-2003, 01:06 PM
You are very lucky!!

Does he have a brother?...I seem to recall someone on these boards has a sister who is looking for a potential husband!! :P

new_mommy25
12-05-2003, 03:31 PM
You lucky girl :) Enjoy it. It sounds like you have a wonderful DH and you deserve it. After all youa re giving him the ultimate gift.

xsntrk
12-05-2003, 04:05 PM
I am the DH of SeanaRain. When she showed me the post before she submitted it and I came across DH, I turned to her and asked quizzically "Designated Hitter"? which she got quite a laugh out of . Anyway, I guess in a certain respect the Father is the designated hitter.

I want to thank all of you so much for your kind comments regarding what I am endeavoring to do for my wife. As I see it, she, and she alone must carry the baby to term and deliver it. That is a burden that I simply cannot share. So in the least-in the very least, I can do what I can to help her through that process. I love my wife more than anything else in the world and want to do whatever I can to make this experience as wonderful and as pain-free as possible. However, I'm fearful that when the time comes, I'll forget everything I've learned and will just stand there with a vacant-deer-caught-in-the-headlights-look!:)I hope not though. The greatest gift my wife will ever give to me, apart from her eternal love, is our daughter or son. And though what I'm doing for her is by no means equal to that, it is my gift to her.

Steve
P.S. Sorry Deborah R, I am an only child.:(

MartiesMom2B
12-05-2003, 04:35 PM
Your wife is so lucky to have someone like you to support her through her preganancy and after the baby comes. A supportive husband is the best gift that any mother can have. I'm sure when the time comes, you'll be great and not forget what you've learned.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

jd11365
12-05-2003, 06:12 PM
Wow! Are you for real??? What a wonderful "Designated Hitter" you are and I wish you both the best of luck. Hopefully you will continue to update us on your pregnancy progress!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-05-2003, 06:17 PM
I doubt you ever wondered ...but he sounds like he'll be a super daddy!!! Congrats
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties