PDA

View Full Version : Please post your Christmas pictures!!!!!!!!!!

Tracey
12-05-2003, 12:00 PM
Hi Everyone,
I would love to see everyone's Christmas pictures. It sure would brighten my Friday to see all of those adorable little faces. I will post mine when I get home :). I'm starting to get in the Christmas spirit!

DDowning
12-05-2003, 12:24 PM
Here's mine!

I was at TJ Maxx earlier this week and they had these cute little wood painted sleds. DS fit in them perfectly and it even had a backrest to help him sit up! I put it in front of our tree and viola! our holiday card was born!

amp
12-05-2003, 12:39 PM
The family photo is the one we're using for our holiday cards and the one with Jake....well, lets just say, I had to share!

starrynight
12-05-2003, 01:01 PM
I love both of your pictures!! Deidra that sled is the cutest, it makes a great pic!

And Andrea, Jacob's outfit is so darn cute :).

Here is our xmas card pic, I gave up trying to get 3 kids to look at me after oh 40 shots or so :lol and the second one is just Alex with Eliza.

edited because it helps if you add the attachment :+ I'm a dork!
edited again to fix txt file to jpeg

amp
12-05-2003, 01:07 PM
Thanks Jackie! That reindeer outfit came from KRU and was bought specifically for our portraits! It's fleece and is so snuggly!

I could only open the jpg pic with Alex & Eliza. The other is a text file, which I can't open without doing a bunch of coverting stuff. The one I saw is adorable though!

ETA: Jackie, thanks for adjusting to jpg. I can see it now! They are an adorable bunch and I think you did a remarkable job of at least getting them all looking up at once (even if it isn't all the exact same direction! LOL!) You have a beautiful family!

deborah_r
12-05-2003, 01:17 PM
Christmas???!?? Already???!!!??? No one told me...guess I better get a move on.

I can't believe you people have decorated trees and wrapped presents already!!! Can you come over my house and help?

aliceinwonderland
12-05-2003, 01:17 PM
I love this picture!! And where did the cute little sweater came from? SO adorable:)

blnony
12-05-2003, 01:29 PM
Here is the picture we used on our Christmas Card this year. You can tell that my husband was inspired with this idea! (And we are big Arkansas Razorback fans! :)

MelissaTC
12-05-2003, 01:37 PM
Everyone's kiddies are so adorable!

Well, you all saw our family photo. I have included two other photos of Matthew taken that day...

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/1474.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/1475.jpg

starrynight
12-05-2003, 01:43 PM
Melissa, he is the cutest!! I love the second one of Matthew with the dark background, I have a similar one taken of Alex as a baby and it's my fave.

And Briana, Audrey is so cute in her hogs dress!

Everyone has some cute looking kids on this board :).

I fixed the txt file in my attachments so everyone should be able to see it now (I hope LOL)

Rachels
12-05-2003, 02:10 PM
This is the one we used on our cards. We also had some photos taken of Abby by the guy who did our wedding photos (an afterthought-- the cards were already ordered). We're going to see them tomorrow and I'll try to scan one in next week if any are decent. In the meantime, here are Corbin and Abigail:

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/1478.jpg

LucyG
12-05-2003, 02:25 PM
Brianna,

I love your picture! We are also native Arkansans and (well, I am!) big Razorback fans!! One of my favorite pictures we have of DD is of her wearing an official Hog Hat (those plastic ones that look like a pig is sitting on your head). It covers her entire head in the shot, so is especially funny. Wooooo, pig sooie!

jojo2324
12-05-2003, 02:32 PM
That sled is GORGEOUS!!! Where are you???? I might have to try and sneak out for an hour to my TJ Maxx to see if they have any...

First of all, all of these kids are adorable!! And secondly, wow mommas!!! Way to be on the ball, trees up, presents wrapped, pictures taken. Yikes, am I behind! But, it started snowing about an hour ago, so it should make for a nice backdrop.

I am drooling over that sled. :)

ktdid74
12-05-2003, 02:36 PM
I've never tried to attach a picture so this is kind of a test, too. I took a ton of pics but couldn't get them both to smile. Now Mackenzie is sick again and isn't in a picture taking mood so we ordered this one on cards through snapfish. It's also the background on my computer now. For those that posted about my baby headband question- she's wearing the big red bow I ordered for her- she looks like a little present :)

C99
12-05-2003, 02:52 PM
Rachel,

That is completely adorable!

C99
12-05-2003, 02:57 PM
The scan quality isn't great on this, but here are the photos we're including in our cards this year.

pritchettzoo
12-05-2003, 03:04 PM
Those are all so cute!

And here's our little Christmas monkey...

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

cinrein
12-05-2003, 03:25 PM
Katie,

Great pic! I have to tell you that your son has the most beautiful eyes! I love the bow too.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

cinrein
12-05-2003, 03:29 PM
These are all adorable! What beautiful babies we have here.

And I really need to get on the stick and start decorating.....

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

Sarah1
12-05-2003, 03:32 PM
Here's the picture we're putting in our cards. We took it over Thanksgiving in Florida. DD looks very serious in it...but as you know it's hard to get a picture of the 3 of us all looking dandy at the same time...hope this works.

new_mommy25
12-05-2003, 03:33 PM
>Here's mine!
>
>
>I was at TJ Maxx earlier this week and they had these cute
>little wood painted sleds. DS fit in them perfectly and it
>even had a backrest to help him sit up! I put it in front of
>our tree and viola! our holiday card was born!

Note to self: Must go to TJ Maxx today and buy that sled. Your baby is the cutest :)

AngelaS
12-05-2003, 03:41 PM
Great pic!! You guys could do a toothpaste commercial! :D

AngelaS
12-05-2003, 03:43 PM
Wow! These are ALL good!!

Sarah1
12-05-2003, 03:44 PM
Caroline--

Those are gorgeous photos. Did you have them taken in Chicago? If so, I'd love to have the name of the photog. So far I've only had DD's pictures taken at Target, and I would like to have something a little nicer done...

aliceinwonderland
12-05-2003, 03:46 PM
Oh, I LOVE this one!! I like black and white a lot, anyway, but this one is so adorable!! Abby looks like such a happy baby:) Was this profesionally taken??

August Mom
12-05-2003, 04:00 PM
The sweater (and baby wearing it :)) are adorable. The sweater came from Gymboree. DS has one like it!

egoldber
12-05-2003, 04:10 PM
Well, we don't celebrate Christmas, but we do send cards every year, because a) we like to GET cards and b) its a good excuse to keep in touch with a lot of people we don't see much anymore.

Here's the one we're using for our cards this year. The quality's not so good since I made it smaller (using a poor program).

Sarah1
12-05-2003, 04:16 PM
Beth, the picture is great (Sarah looks like so much fun) and I totally agree w/you...we don't celebrate Christmas either, but I think at the end of each year it's nice to just send some warm greetings everyone's way.

Rachels
12-05-2003, 04:31 PM
Awww, thanks. She is a happy baby! But no, I took this in our backyard with a digital camera, and then had someone wonderful from the boards help me lighten the background a bit. It's the best picture we have of the two of them, by far, so we wanted to use it.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mattysmom
12-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Thanks for this post! It's so much fun to see everyone and their adorable children! I'm hoping to get a good pic of ds this weekend after we get snow in Boston. Since he was born during the President's Day blizzard last winter, I thought it would be fun to have a snow shot!
Ali

khakismom
12-05-2003, 05:08 PM
I love this post!! These pictures are wonderful!! All the kiddos look sooo cute! We should be getting ours next week so I will have to post then. Of course, right after we did the fam pix, Ellen started fussing, so I wasn't able to get any of the 2 girls done professionally. I'll have to do some on my own! :)

alleyoop
12-05-2003, 05:14 PM
Thank goodness for digital cameras. I think I have over 200 of the back of DS's head. Here is the one we settled on. Not smiling, but at least it shows a bit of his personality... and he was wearing red pants!

Tracey
12-05-2003, 06:09 PM
Loving all the pictures! The first picture is the Christmas card pic and the other two are displayed in the house.

cdlamis
12-05-2003, 06:17 PM
Tracy-
Those pictures are gorgeous! All 3 of them are wonderful. What a beautiful baby!

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32dc745c42b

toomanystrollers
12-05-2003, 06:51 PM
First pic - happy baby :)
Second pic - look at that pus! Yes, I'm using this one for our cards.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/1491.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/1492.jpg

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-05-2003, 06:54 PM
That the most beautiful babies in the world are all here in one place on the BBB board...I honestly have never seen such gorgeous families and babies...I love this thread...and hang my head in shame as I have no Holiday pictures to share. Steve has lost the damn disc that goes in the digital camera and we have been digitaless for weeks now...my film sits on the counter...

Tracy your photographer did an awesome job!!! Adorable setting, and baby!!!-loved them all wish that photographer was near me :)

Loved this thread!!!
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

toomanystrollers
12-05-2003, 07:19 PM
I just finished checking out everyone's attachments - those tiny avatars just don't do justice to such a sweet bunch of kids :)

Every year, Christmas pictures for our family are just a bit more overwhelming!!!

LD92599
12-05-2003, 07:28 PM
Here's Will!!!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/1493.jpg

Laura
mom to William

gravymommy3
12-05-2003, 08:36 PM
Here is the pic on our card. We did not go with a Christmas theme - I just loved this pic so much I had to use it...

egoldber
12-05-2003, 08:42 PM
Beautiful. Just absolutely, breathtakingly beautiful!

MelissaTC
12-05-2003, 09:46 PM
OMG! He is TOO cute!

MelissaTC
12-05-2003, 09:48 PM
I have to say that your photo is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen! I forced my husband to stop watching tv to take a look at it. Your children are just gorgeous and I swear I want a photo like this when I have all my children. GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS!

MartiesMom2B
12-05-2003, 09:59 PM
Beautiful!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

MartiesMom2B
12-05-2003, 10:10 PM
This is what we decided to use for our cards.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

MelissaTC
12-05-2003, 10:13 PM
Martie is SO SO SO CUTE!! I love it!!

Tracey
12-05-2003, 11:04 PM
Thanks Daniella! I looked at your shutterfly link. What a little cutie pie! I love the Hawaiian pic :)

lizajane
12-05-2003, 11:43 PM
my MIL wanted to do the santa hat thing. poor guy, it barely fit on his head. we had to jam it on! i intend to use a family pic for the christmas cards, but couldn't resist sharing these here!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/1505.jpg
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/1506.jpg

(i like how he looks like he is up to something in the second one. like he got caught... :) )

hez
12-05-2003, 11:45 PM
I'm really impressed with some of these shots-- they've given me lots of ideas :) And, not to be repetitive, but all these babies and families are absolutely beautiful!

We'll either use this one or one we'll take tomorrow in front of the tree (when I've had time to take a shower since it's the weekend!). This one's from DS's dedication day-- and he's wearing the baptism outfit DH wore as a baby. We got 3/4 sets of eyes!

parkersmama
12-06-2003, 12:11 AM
Oh, Amy! That is just the most beautiful picture EVER! I love, love, love it! Your children are so gorgeous...I can totally understand why you didn't go with the Christmas theme. Who took the photo??

August Mom
12-06-2003, 12:48 AM
Working with a 15-month old is a challenge. We had great difficulty getting Justin to sit/stand still. We were planning to try again but when we came back from our Thanksgiving visit with the relatives, DS had several bruises near the hairline, which I am not good at removing, so we went with this one to get our cards out on time.

zen_bliss
12-06-2003, 03:48 AM
[i]ms. z all in faux fur, her coursers they flew...

[img src=http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/1511.jpg]

all the way to the north pole, to meet santa claus, too!

[img src=http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/1512.jpg]

vikivoly
12-06-2003, 04:04 AM
Wow, these are all such great pictures. Tracey your pictures are beautiful.

I'm going to try to get DD's pics done this weekend. She's been sick, so I've been putting it off.

abigailsmom
12-06-2003, 04:05 AM
Here's a pic of our p-nut we're using...

vikivoly
12-06-2003, 04:06 AM
What a great picture! Did you take it? If so, you need to enter some contests. It's awesome - your DD couldn't have been holding that doll any more perfect.

NancyJ_redo
12-06-2003, 04:16 AM
All of these are so great. I just finished up some stuff for work and was about to go to bed when I thought I'd do a quick check of the boards. Seeing all the adorable pictures made my night :)

DDowning
12-06-2003, 05:20 AM
Caroline! These are great photos! Nate is sooo adorable! He looks so angelic in the second photo!!!

DDowning
12-06-2003, 05:26 AM
Zen! These are adorable photos! I thought about using our two doxies for a picture but I knew they would never stay still! Kudos for you for getting a great shot! :)

C99
12-06-2003, 08:20 AM
Yes, we did have them done in Chicago. I'll send you a PM with the information.

gravymommy3
12-06-2003, 11:13 AM
That poor doll got dragged everywhere at the beach. She went digging in the sand, swimming in the ocean, everywhere!! She is now very dirty.

DH took the photo. He recently opened his own studio here in the Atlanta area.

It took him about, oh, 200 trys to get the kids to cooperate but I am so in love with this pic. I am going to get a 24x30 of it for the studio. Last year I had to give up and composite two pics together because we could not get the kids to all sit still, look at the camera, stop crying, etc. etc.

starrynight
12-06-2003, 11:39 AM
Everyone has beautiful kids! Some great picture ideas you all had. And it's nice to see some mommies also :).

Tracy, those are gorgeous pics, that white gown she is wearing is stunning!

Amy, I love pictures on the beach. That is a beautiful pic :)

I love the black and whites some of you had done also.

Beth, I think Sarah looks alot like you. :)

lmintzer
12-06-2003, 12:39 PM
Could you please PM me the info too? (sorry typing w/ one hand).

Lisa

pritchettzoo
12-06-2003, 03:39 PM
Oh my goodness! That is so cute! I am so impressed with your furry ones' behavior. Ours can't master sitting much less coordinated posing.

Oh, and the little Santa girl is precious too!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

MelissaTC
12-06-2003, 04:10 PM
That is so freakin cute it is not even funny! I LOVE IT!

nigele
12-06-2003, 07:28 PM
Oh, my word - that is an awesome picture!

Momof3Labs
12-06-2003, 08:21 PM
Everyone's photos are so great!!! I don't want to make the thread any more huge by posting individual responses, but I definitely looked at and admired all of them!

Here's the photo that went in our cards this year. It was challenging to get one where all three of us were smiling, since Colin really wanted to be picking the red berries off of the bush behind us!!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/1519.jpg

doubleL
12-06-2003, 10:31 PM
Rachel,

Such an awesome picture!! Abigail is so precious... her smile is infectious, but I also love her little hands in this pic. And Corbin, not only cooperative, at an age when I'm sure that's not necessarily standard, but looking sincerely, um, sincere and handsome.

Ok, forgive me, but I must get a bit petty now... what kind of shoes are those on little Miss? Too cute. And is that a gymboree jumper? I wanted to get this for DD but they did not have her size. :)

Lou
~DS 5.01
~DD 6.03

doubleL
12-06-2003, 10:42 PM
Amy,

This is absolutely gorgeous! Your chilren are beautiful. And okay, I admit it... I am so happy to hear this was done by a professional and still took 200 tries. It should definitely be featured in DH's studio. Jeez, I'd make it into a greeting card and sell it :)

So, I have to ask, where did you get the dresses? They are gorgeous too :)

Lou
~DS 5.01
~DD 6.03

gravymommy3
12-06-2003, 10:59 PM
Lou,

DH would rather shoot anyone's kids but his own. They just won't work with him!!

I got the dresses and the shirt/shorts at Strasburg. I had a coupon and then I can use them in the studio (tax write off) so while they were pricy, it was worth it.

We did have this made into a card. It is on watercolor paper with a deckle edge and the text on the inside is a light blue. It really turned out well (I was sweating it for a couple of weeks...) Now I just have to get the darned things addressed and mailed out. If you have any other questions, pm me and I will spill my guts... :)

sweetbasil
12-07-2003, 12:12 AM
Like Beth said, your picture is breathtaking. I heard my breath escape the minute I saw the pic- people are gonna love getting that Christmas card. Thanks for sharing the gorgeous pic of your sweet babies!

sweetbasil
12-07-2003, 12:15 AM
Zazi's pic with the puppies is precious- you should enter it in a Christmas picture contest- she'd take the prize!

justlearning
12-07-2003, 12:19 AM
What a wonderful thread! Everyone's pictures are SO gorgeous!! You all have such beautiful babies and children. I've been inspired by your pictures to try to find a good photographer to pay for a good-quality photo of DS. I really love the artistic nature of many of your pictures.

Here's the picture we took of Ethan for our Christmas cards:

lizamann
12-07-2003, 02:08 AM
Nice pictures, caroline! I'd like to know where you got them, too.

Beth

cvharris
12-07-2003, 09:55 AM
Cute pictures everyone! I love seeing the family shots and putting faces to names!

We just had ours taken yesterday and I pulled the images from the web. The first is our family picture and the next one is a shot of Ben.

gour0
01-11-2004, 05:27 PM
This is a great picture! Amy, where in ATL is your husband's studio. Come to think of it, I think Toni said something about this, too... I totally spaced it. Hmmm... I'm thinking 1 year photos.... Email me!

gravymommy3
01-11-2004, 06:17 PM
Stacey,

I cannot figure out how to email you. Can you email me at [email protected] - we are in north Gwinnett County. We love doing first birthday photos.

Drop me a line...