PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have personal experience with Reflexology?

KMommie
12-05-2003, 01:04 PM
Kiki's chiropractor suggested she see a reflexologist for her lingering cough (6 weeks and counting.) We're going to go for it, since I can't see what harm it could do. I was just wondering how "far out" this is and if anyone had any experiences to share. I really don't know what to expect, but I'll try anything that doesn't seem harmful to try and get Kiki healthy. Kiki is seeing her pediatrician again today. We aren't ignoring the traditional methods, but just trying to cover all the bases, so to speak.

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

Rachels
12-05-2003, 02:15 PM
I've done it. It's great! Often it helps, but at the very least, it feels really good. When you've been sick for weeks, anything that feels good is a don't miss.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

starrynight
12-05-2003, 02:23 PM
I think it helps some, not sure if reflexology itself is true or that a really good foot rub will make anything go away ;). But whenever I'm feeling crappy or tired I get dh to rub my feet or heck I rub my own and I always feel better!

I hope Kiki gets some relief from that cough! Give her a feel better fast hug from me.

peanut4us
12-05-2003, 03:19 PM
I've used it before with kidney stones. And it worked really well. Let me rephrase... I haven't had anymore kidney stones. I found that if it was done right, it actually hurt a lot (my foot) during the therapy. But i sure felt better after.

KMommie
12-06-2003, 10:19 PM
Thanks everyone! Wow! It was pretty interesting and I think it did a lot of good! It did seem to hurt a bit, though. Kiki didn't like her right foot being touched at all, and that's where most of the work had to be done. After about 10 minutes of treatment, Kiki's percolating breathing stopped! It was amazing! She's still clear, and has had a couple of poopy diapers (another area, she was needing work on)...and wonders of all wonders, she's asleep...in her CRIB for the first time in 4 days!! Yippeee!! I hope this lasts... I'm tempted to stop the newest antibiotic she just started last night, since it's so awful and makes her all peaked looking and fussy.

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

starrynight
12-07-2003, 12:10 AM
Jeannie,
That is awesome news!!! I hope she continues to feel well :).