PDA

View Full Version : ZANY BRAINY, RIGHT START GOING OUT OF BUSINESS????!!!!!

Sarah1
12-05-2003, 01:22 PM
Excuse me if there has been a post about this already...

But I was just at Zany Brainy an hour ago (where I picked up a bunch of AWESOME toys, including Melissa & Doug's puzzle, wooden block set, etc, all at 10-20% off) and the clerk informed me that they, Right Start & FAO (which I think I knew about) are GOING OUT OF BUSINESS! I couldn't believe it. When I asked when, he said "when everything's gone." Huh. Anybody have any more insight???

And in the meantime, you MUST hit a Zany Brainy. Everything is on sale!!!!!!!

starrynight
12-05-2003, 01:27 PM
It just sucks that so many "good toy stores" and cool stores are going out of business or have in the last few years. :( I was so bummed when world of science and natural wonders went down and now these stores too. I loved the zany brainy kids paint, it was the only "truly" washable but still decent kids paint I have found. I guess I will have to try crayola or look online.

deborah_r
12-05-2003, 01:38 PM
I think there was a post in the Bargain Boards. FAO Schwartz is the owner of both of those and they are going under too, which is very sad. I guess they all cannot compete with the Walmarts.

I think TRU is also closing all of the KRU and Imaginariums - our local Imaginarium is selling off everything.

So good for us for Christmas shopping, but bad that there is less choice out there!

amp
12-05-2003, 03:23 PM
Sarah - Check the Bargains forum. There's a post there and a link to the article about FAO declaring bankruptcy and what their plan is.

lukkykatt
12-05-2003, 04:38 PM
So that explains it. I went on to zainybrainy.com the other day and there was just a brief message that the site was unavailable. I'll have to head on over to ZB.

It is sad though, I loved taking the boys there just to run around and play on bad weather days!