PDA

View Full Version : Update on Sara's illness--and another question

peanut4us
12-05-2003, 03:09 PM
So the ped wasn't in yesterday, but he told us to see his nurse practioner to check and see if there is still an infection in her ears. Dh took Sara, waited forever, wasn't overly impressed with the nurse practioner, and result is yes still an infection, but it looks like it's clearing up. So no new antibiotics... but give her a decongestant because she's getting snotty again.

So fine. We're giving her pediacare. Last night she was so snotty! This morning, super snotty, but in a pretty good mood. Then we found out the sitter who watches her on Friday mornings said she had an awful morning. She slept longer than normal and ate more than normal (good!), but when she was awake, she didn't want to play and wanted to be held with her paci and blankie the whole time. In short, she wasn't herself.

I think her nose is definately getting worse. Poor little lamb. Now I am torn. Do i call the ped and leave a message? Or not? DH said the nurse practioner made him feel like "why did you bring her in? there's really nothing wrong with her?"

Sigh. I'm not well. She's not well. DH is getting sick. And my mom comes in this afternoon for a 5 day "visit". While I love her, helpful in a domestic sense, she is not. Sigh.

So what would you do?

amp
12-05-2003, 03:15 PM
Sorry Joey, no advice, but poor Sara, poor you and poor DH. Hugs and feel-better vibes to all of you!

cinrein
12-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Poor Sara! Since it's Friday, I would call the ped and leave a message. Who cares what the nurse prac thinks---she's not the one who'll be wondering about this all weekend.

FWIW, Anna has been clingy and "not herself" the past couple days. I think she is cutting more teeth.

Hope Sara feels better soon!

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03