PDA

View Full Version : I need to stop buying Absorba clothes....

aliceinwonderland
12-05-2003, 04:42 PM
Hi, I'm Eri and I'm addicted to Absorba baby clothes.

I love this brand so much, and I ALWAYS get them at a discount! But some experinced moms here told me it shrinks, and I believe them. Can I stop buying them? Nooooo, it's an addiction. With the exception of 3 Ralph Lauren outfits, one Zutano, and one little me, everything this baby has is Absorba.
I keep telling DH I need to "diversify", but I have yet to start....Help!

eri and the bean, a boy due April 04

Marisa6826
12-05-2003, 05:18 PM
Heads up Eri-

Absorba (along with all other French lines, it seems) runs particularly SMALL.

Sophie's a small baby and they even ran small on her. She's a year old next week and can still wear 6-9m onesies. However, she's way out of her 18m Absorba stuff.

Happy Shopping!!

-m

MelissaTC
12-05-2003, 05:21 PM
I like Absorba too...

My DS wears 18 months in Absorba and he is 12-18 months in brands like GAP and Gymboree although they fit him large. Absorba runs small.

aliceinwonderland
12-05-2003, 05:31 PM
Well, I guess my excuse is that now I'm only buying bigger sizes now (6-12m), etc. I don't really care that they run small, it's the shrinking that has me worried. Oh well, I'll just wash them in cold water.
At Filene's basement here in Boston, we regularly get Absorba stuff that is more than 1/2 the price you'd find it in the nice dept. stores... This is my story and I'm sticking to it :):)

mattiew
12-05-2003, 06:30 PM
Eri,
Lucky girl to be able to find it at such bargain prices!!! If I could I would too : ) DD has the CUTEST Absorba pumpkin colored romper that I unfortunately have to retire becauase it is too short. If you get tired of buying for yourself I could always use your bargain hunting skills : )

Enjoy!!!
Carrie

pritchettzoo
12-05-2003, 06:42 PM
We have 2 Absorba outfits that we got as gifts and although they do run small (3 mos seems to be 0-3 and 6 mos seems to be 3-6), they are really soft and sooo cute. One is a footed sleeper and it has been washed multiple times with very very minimal pilling and is still cuddly soft. The only thing I would be worried about is the possibility your little guy could have thunder thighs. The two things we have are slim through the thigh area, similar to Gap's cut.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

aliceinwonderland
12-05-2003, 08:58 PM
Oh, I know, we're very lucky here. I see Absorba stuff at Saks Fifth Avenue, and I could never afford it at those prices!! We're moving to Philadelphia next year, and I'm already worried about what to do then!!
Case in point: DH and I bought a 6 month fall-weather outfit today (little pants, shirt and a hat) at the Basement today for I think $ 20. The price on the tag was $45. It can be a hit or miss, but the finds are usually great.

If you tell me what you're looking for, I wouldn't mind looking for you! As with everything, there's a lot more cute girl's thingies than boys! Feel free to email me:)

stillplayswithbarbies
12-05-2003, 10:19 PM
There are some clearance Absorba things here

http://www.storybookboutique.com/new/store.php?c=outlet

I have that romper that is listed for $8.00 and it is gorgeous!

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

suribear
12-06-2003, 01:14 AM
I have an adorable, buttery soft velour outfit by Absorba. The quality is great!! He's about to outgrow it, though. boo hoo.

Kris

starrynight
12-06-2003, 12:32 PM
I love absorba blankets! I received one as a gift for Daria and after a million washes it still looks new and is super soft. It's nice and a good weight for a breezy day in the stroller but also big enough for swaddling a baby.I am getting more use out of it now with Eliza :). I always grab for that blanket first if it's clean :).

houseof3boys
12-06-2003, 03:18 PM
Try not to buy too much clothing period! I wish I hadn't purchased as much as I did in all the sizes up to 12 months because I know so much more now. I love a particular RL outfit but the snaps don't go all the way down and I really have a time putting it on him, thus he never wears it and it was $20 on sale. My faves after trying several brands (same ones you mentioned too) are Baby Gap and Lands End. I really love the way Lands End clothes wear and they really think about details with snap placement and ease of putting on. I used to be concerned with just the cute factor but after you wash things and have them wear it a few times you realize there is more to it than cuteness! I never though LE was my style of clothing but I have managed to find all kinds of really cute things in the last 6 months and now I wish I didn't have anything else except Gap, LE, Hanna and I do like the boutiquey brands like Mulberribush too!