PDA

View Full Version : OT - Hardwood floor scratches

Marisa6826
12-05-2003, 08:10 PM
Any homemade remedies? I just found a nasty one and I'm hoping to not have to payout anymore cash!

-m

Momof3Labs
12-05-2003, 10:58 PM
I just treat them as inevitable and consider them part of the character of hardwood floors (we have hardwood throughout most of our house). Probably not the answer that you wanted though!!

lukkykatt
12-06-2003, 11:22 AM
I just ignore mine too, but if you *really* want to fix it, I would look at Home Depot to see if they have some kind of crayon to fill it in. Or you could get a stain as close to your color as possible, and apply with something tiny, like a q-tip.

I had a fit last year when my mother was watching my older son while I was in the hospital delivering my little one. She brought him a little beach chair, which he played with and dragged all over the house (while I was in the hospital). When I got home, one of the first things I said was "What happened to the floor?" I was really irritated and determined to fix it. But, you know what - I don't even notice it now!

Marisa6826
12-06-2003, 11:23 AM
Lori-

Don't think it will work here The floors are a very light oak and weren't properly varnished in the first place when they were installed.

The scratch is from a wire basket I use for Sophie's smaller toys.

The basket must have been dragged out and there's a significant, white scratch on an angle. It's pretty obvious.

I have a feeling that there are going to be major scratches under our bed (we have a kingsize with a really large wrought iron Pottery Barn frame).

Looks like I'm going to have to part with some more cash...

-m