PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Ebay Problem.......UPDATED

elvisfan
12-06-2003, 05:10 PM
I ordered a navy peacoat from ebay. Paid the seller and received the peacoat. Problem? It's black, not navy. I have sent the seller several emails stating the problem and asking what she would like to do. I have not heard back from her.
In truth, it's a fine coat-just not the right color. How does this scenario usually work? Do I send the coat back? Do I get a refund first? How long should I give her to respond to me? TIA
UPDATED: The seller got back to me and while she insists it's navy(It isn't....five people agree with me IRL), she agreed to refund my money....

flagger
12-06-2003, 05:21 PM
You can try arbitration or if you used a escrow service, withhold payment, however negative feedback is really about your only recourse when using eBay. I take everything I get from there with a Caveat Emptor approach.

She could be colour blind and to her it looks navy and not black. Not trying to excuse, but sometimes I have a hard time telling the difference in my socks.

bunnisa
12-06-2003, 07:11 PM
I definitely wouldn't send the coat back unless the seller instructs you to do so. It would be awful to lose the money AND the coat.

What's her feedback rating like? Have other people had complaints? It might just be an honest mistake in the case of navy vs black... sometimes it's hard to tell. If she never gets back in touch with you, definitely leave negative feedback. If you don't want to keep it, you can always sell it on eBay!

HTH somewhat!

sweetbasil
12-07-2003, 12:25 AM
I usually give sellers three days to get back with me, then go on to the next step- request her phone # (see http://tinyurl.com/4y6f)and give her a call.

If the # doesn't work (bad #, etc.- this has happened to me a couple of times), I'd contact eBay and let them know that her info isn't valid- that's usually gotten me a pretty quick response from the unresponsive party ;), as its a breach of eBay rules, and she will be notified by eBay that if she doesn't update her info, her eBay privileges may be suspended.

From there, I'd check out eBay's dispute resolution guidelines (http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/index.html-- then click on item 3)

HTH,